riding at night

antgold

after seeing a "lights" thread I wonder who is hitting the trail during the evening here in NJ - most of the parks are closed at dusk and days become shorter :confused:

I would be happy to join for an after work evening ride here in Central NJ ...
Thanks
Ron

BiknBen

after seeing a "lights" thread I wonder who is hitting the trail during the evening here in NJ - most of the parks are closed at dusk and days become shorter :confused:

We don't ride in closed parks at night. That would be illegal. ;)

sixseven

You will never get a straight answer on this question. I asked and the thread was deleted the next day. Riding past dark in parks is prohibited everywhere. Now say you were out riding and got lost and couldn't make it back out of the park before dark...and lets say you had lights...it would be in the interest of your safety and other lost riders safety to use them. Sometimes this happens with group rides, they fall behind schedule and end up in the dark, or so I hear.
A small yet hardcore fringe element of off road shadow puppet fighters exists however little is known of them and their violent illicit activities.
People speak of road biking as a dark side, 29ers are another dark side...but there is only one true darkside...that of the night.

SpartaBard

About once a month during the summer there are organized, official, legal night rides in the morris county parks. I believe they are organized through Morris Trails Partnership. The rides are posted on the JORBA site and are usually x-posted here.

sixseven

I also remember a while back, maybe last summer Princeton Tec (?) had a monthly night ride at Wissahickon Park in Philadelphia. They had their lights available to try out. They used to post the dates on here.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Also, Ringwood and Wawayanda are open 8 to 8, so in a few months, you will be able to night ride there before 8:00.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
No problems riding at night in High Mountain. I have had cops stop to see WTF I was doing, then they proceeded to say it was awesome and have a good night.

Top Bottom