Power Meter Pedals

pinkshirtphotos

Does anybody have access to a working set of pedals the kind that read outputs of power data? Cycling coaches should have this in their tools.

That is a pricey piece of equipment for a coach to just have in their bin of extras. They would also require specific cleats be used.

I have numerous PowerTap wheels that I offer to clients in select circumstances. The wheels will fit any road or cross bike so much easier to fit to a bike.

Last edited:
does those wheels look at left right output? Before I spend 50k on training my coach must not be bitter at the price of tools.

i think they should have them on spin bikes - in a controlled environment, like a wind tunnel, or perhaps on a guru fit machine. this would help maximize data collection time - which is really what that is all about.

Bring your own pedal based power system to the coach - they will be happy to assist in interpreting the data over time....

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/09/buyers-guide2014-edition.html

Before I spend 50k on training my coach must not be bitter at the price of tools.

I would hope he meant 5k, But I'm sure if you pay the coach an extra $1,500.00 to $3,500.00 they will supply you with a power meter of your choice.

i think they should have them on spin bikes - in a controlled environment, like a wind tunnel, or perhaps on a guru fit machine. this would help maximize data collection time - which is really what that is all about.

Guru fit does have an integrated PM & so does the Serotta size cycle but these are used more for fitting than training. Wahoo, Computrainer or any trainer & a PM can be used indoors.

Training / Racing with power is all about using the collected data to identify a riders limiters and then applying that data to build a training plan. So unless you ride/race on a trainer most if not all the useful data will come from outdoors.

Not wondering about the break wasn't kept up with and the speed was slower then others. The question maybe can get answered there as what the specifics is strength building in legs with emphasis of the left which is much less strong.

An imbalance in leg power could indicate poor fit, a physiological balance or something as simple as poor technique. I'd spend a little time making sure your foundation is solid before you spend thousands on an online coach who can only guess at what your limiters are .

A power meter can give great info but it won't fix an underlying problem, just teach you how to compensate for it.

Back
Top Bottom