Post Your Doggo [woof]

you should do it, dogs make the best friends, and are ALWAYS happy to see you!
I have been without a dog since 2016 and I think I am ready :) Can I have your black and white one? Hehe!!! I am looking on petfinder and filled out a few applications so I get established. The dogs are going quick so I will get in the queue.

I have been without a dog since 2016 and I think I am ready :) Can I have your black and white one? Hehe!!! I am looking on petfinder and filled out a few applications so I get established. The dogs are going quick so I will get in the queue.

As much trouble as he is,

he's not available. 😁

He's also taller than you if he wants to be!

Good luck, hope you find the right dog! When we adopted in May every dog we inquired about was already spoken for. Our girl arrived from GA on a Sunday morning and we adopted her from the rescue that afternoon.

This is her after swiping her new "bone" off the counter

View attachment 141039
Awww!! Adorable pup!!

Reactions: rlb

highly recommend Sheryls Den. Thats where we got Shelby. she runs her rescue only with foster parents so no cages, or loud shelters. They do a lot of homework to make sure the right dog goes to the right place. I know she uses Petfinders as well but like you said adopting puppies seems to still be a COVID thing so everything goes fast.

If you need a reference PM me and I will send you my info direct as when she gets referrals from previous adopters they get a little priority ;-)

highly recommend Sheryls Den. Thats where we got Shelby. she runs her rescue only with foster parents so no cages, or loud shelters. They do a lot of homework to make sure the right dog goes to the right place. I know she uses Petfinders as well but like you said adopting puppies seems to still be a COVID thing so everything goes fast.

If you need a reference PM me and I will send you my info direct as when she gets referrals from previous adopters they get a little priority ;-)

Thank you!! They only have a few dogs and look---they have a Shelby on there now too :) I will contact them though because like I said, gotta get in line. And thanks for the reference! I will keep you posted.

Here's my pup he absolutely loves running with me when I ride. He's pretty good if we come across someone on the trail and they definitely seam alot less afraid of him when he's wearing his back pack plus it has a really nice handle to grab onto while they pass. He's certainly not the little pup in the first pic anymore though 😂
IMG_20190929_181832.jpgIMG_20201013_171023.jpgIMG_20200224_132143.jpgGOPR0023_1591213476140.JPGIMG_20200817_161413.jpgIMG_20200822_102337.jpg

So this happened. If she will get along with the cat, she will be a keeper. Right now she barks, goes bonkers, and wants to charge when she sees the cat, but I know it takes time.

One year old, blue heeler, named Marlee. Aside from the cat situation, she is an amazingly good girl that I've had for one day so far :)

Marlees first day 10.18.20.jpg

So this happened. If she will get along with the cat, she will be a keeper. Right now she barks, goes bonkers, and wants to charge when she sees the cat, but I know it takes time.

One year old, blue heeler, named Marlee. Aside from the cat situation, she is an amazingly good girl that I've had for one day so far :)

View attachment 141780
congrats. adjustment takes time especially if she never was that close to a cat before and is used to chasing other animals.

I have 2 cats and we got Shelby at 7 weeks old. after 2.5 years she finally doesn't really chase them anymore as much as she just wants to greet them, but it's not like they all will lay down in the sun together anytime soon. with the proper training she knows the limit to what she's allowed to do with them (i.e, "Easy" command) so it helps.

Good luck with her!

hopefully she wasnt rolling in some deer or rabbit poop that's always special.

She definitely loves that, but today she was a good girl and just loved the wet grass. Phew, cause she got a bath yesterday. :)

congrats. adjustment takes time especially if she never was that close to a cat before and is used to chasing other animals.

I have 2 cats and we got Shelby at 7 weeks old. after 2.5 years she finally doesn't really chase them anymore as much as she just wants to greet them, but it's not like they all will lay down in the sun together anytime soon. with the proper training she knows the limit to what she's allowed to do with them (i.e, "Easy" command) so it helps.

Good luck with her!

Oy. 2.5 years and doesn't really chase them? Haha!! We are making progress--she looked at the cat today a few times and didn't flip out. And then she followed that by flipping out. I was so spoiled cause my last cat and dog were BFFs (after 6 months of threatening to get rid of the dog if that didn't change).

Thanks for the advice though and Shelby pics the past several months to encourage me to get a pup ;)

View attachment 141780
Great looking pupper! have fun with her!

Help! When shelters do a test to see if a dog will get along with cats, what do they do, and how do they know? Basically I am wondering if there is a way of telling how my pup will transition. Marlee is barking ferociously at Magnet, jumped the gate and lunged at him. Magnet is safe, but terrified and hiding. When he comes out, he does a low crawl. I expect hiding, I expect some barking and stuff, but how do I know if the dog is too aggressive to be around a cat? Marlee is afraid of everything else so I thought she would be afraid of the cat (she was never around cats before).

In the past, my cats and dogs always got along. It wasn't instant. In fact it took a few months, but there wasn't this type of aggression and drive.

my inlaws had a dog that did nothing but chase the cats when they got him, he ended up being fine around cats after some work, ill ask my wife if she remembers what they did to get him to calm down since it sounds like your case is very similar.

you could also look into a trainer, or maybe one of those training collars

Back
Top Bottom