Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

N
Park TS-2.2 and thru axle adapter. Probably going to get the disc rotor gauge in short order as well. Old truing stand was almost useless for mtb wheels.

TS-2.2_005.jpg

pttst1-1.jpg
I opted for the powder coated version, cheaper and probably more durable (I'm a big fan of powder coating so I am biased). Also not sure I would have ordered that adapter, I personally find the TS-2TA more practical (and cheaper)...
TS-2TA_001.jpg

For the adapter I absolutely prefer the full TS-TA. Much more sturdy.
Once that thing is clamped on there's no moving the wheel, but if you didn't clamp it properly then yes, maybe a problem with the TS-2TA. How does that TS-TA work though, you put the threaded rod on the hub, place it on the stand, clamp the hub (through the adapter) and then tighten the knobs on the adapter? What I don't like is that the contact surface on the adapter and the stand arm are never parallel to each other, while there's always an ideal straight line between the two ball adapters...not sure if I explained myself clearly but yeah, that's my story and I stick to it...

Let the flamers flame 🔥

I been sitting on this for a while, thought about not even posting, but fuck it 😁

Ships next month, tried to buy from J but his supply was very limited and months a way.

Just saw that they jumped the price $500 so glad I grabbed it when I did.

2022-Orbea-Rise-H-electric-mountain-bike-8-b59bcda.jpg

Yeah, rod through the hub, tighten the adapters onto the hub and then put in the stand. Simple and effective. The only way the adapter won't be straight is if your hub isn't which should never really happen.

If your stand arm is crooked you have bigger issues than an adapter type.
Not croocked, the arm moves in a circular motion, the contact surface is only parallel to the adapter when the arm is perfectly vertical. It doesn't matter really. Also not a big fan of a thread being the contact point to a flat, thin surface. Me being me.

Not croocked, the arm moves in a circular motion, the contact surface is only parallel to the adapter when the arm is perfectly vertical. It doesn't matter really. Also not a big fan of a thread being the contact point to a flat, thin surface. Me being me.
I had a different version of that tool with the threaded rod and felt the same way. Never liked how the rod felt in the V when spinning the wheel. Also didn't feel the conical parts fit into the hub 100% aligned.

@MadisonDan I didn't even set that up for you.

Let the flamers flame 🔥

I been sitting on this for a while, thought about not even posting, but fuck it 😁

Ships next month, tried to buy from J but his supply was very limited and months a way.

Just saw that they jumped the price $500 so glad I grabbed it when I did.

View attachment 176580
No flames here. I picked mine up from J when I was on the phone with him while on a business trip. Jim V caught me trying to sneak it home. Is that the H15 or H10 you got?

ebike coming home.jpg

Well I'm excited for it regardless of the metal inevitably rusting away and all my readings being awful because of the flawed design :shrug: Appreciate your opinions though.

My PRS-2 made of the same materials is about 35-40 years old according to Park so I'm not super worried.

to satisfy Leo's OCD...
put a sleeve nut (sex nut, barrel nut, whatevs) on each end after tightening?
wouldn't add a lot to the diameter, and provide a smooth surface to sit in the V.
could act as a jam nut too. not sure if the thumb nuts have some other method of staying put.

to satisfy Leo's OCD...
put a sleeve nut (sex nut, barrel nut, whatevs) on each end after tightening?
wouldn't add a lot to the diameter, and provide a smooth surface to sit in the V.
could act as a jam nut too. not sure if the thumb nuts have some other method of staying put.
No thanks, I'm happy where I am with the 'ball' adapters, especially since that threaded rod takes away about 35mm of usable span according to Park tools website and I have 197mm hubs to work with. Also spending more monies to achieve what a fraction of the original expense would give me anyway?

@cassinonorth , I didn't mean to ruin the excitement of buying the adapter, I was just asking the rationale behind the choice and how it worked (I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a new tool). Then shared why I still prefer the alternative. I'm sure it's an excellent tool and it will serve you well for many years.

No thanks, I'm happy where I am with the 'ball' adapters, especially since that threaded rod takes away about 35mm of usable span according to Park tools website and I have 197mm hubs to work with. Also spending more monies to achieve what a fraction of the original expense would give me anyway?

@cassinonorth , I didn't mean to ruin the excitement of buying the adapter, I was just asking the rationale behind the choice and how it worked (I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a new tool). Then shared why I still prefer the alternative. I'm sure it's an excellent tool and it will serve you well for many years.

I didn't expect you to buy the adapter - I needed CAS to do it, so you could sleep. :D

I didn't expect you to buy the adapter - I needed CAS to do it, so you could sleep. :D

BTW, sleeve nut wouldn't work as it would hinder the ability to tighten the adapter on the stand. It's a downward spiral, once you get me started there's no stopping the madness until something stupider kicks in...work?

Back
Top Bottom