Port Jervis Watershed

Yes more casual.

The 3-4" of snow from yesterday is mostly gone. But this next storm will bring around 6" of new snow and downed trees!
By the time I got home, I missed the registration deadline... probably for the better. I'll try to visit when the weather is better. Taking Friday off to fit in a local ride as we are getting hit with snow/rain as well in CT saturday.

You can register on site for $50 day of. I think the riding will be good but the roads getting to/from are another matter.

As seen last night on the GFS run, the colder air is coming in quicker, and the 6z NAM seemed to confirm that. PJ is in the 6-10" range now.

Last edited:
Well I was contemplating attending event-day registration, and as much as I wanted to, I'm glad I didn't. Roads might be okay at 3, but it just wasn't worth the danger. And that's a shame since the bad weather, low attendance increases odds of winning, but they aren't giving away a new car!

Also the 6-10" will be verified for PJ.

Last edited:
Agreed. I bailed too. Dangerous travel, heavy wet snow & high winds to knock down trees/branches. Everything turning to ice later. Not worth it or fun.

Reactions: mtn
Port was great today, but beware of the last bridge on five bridges
11DB3EE2-7B0F-4A34-AA71-56272BF900A0.jpeg

Anyone have a gps file of a decent route here? I've only been here once and hitting all the good trails could have been easier if I had a clue and didn't have to keep checking the map on my phone.

Anyone have a gps file of a decent route here? I've only been here once and hitting all the good trails could have been easier if I had a clue and didn't have to keep checking the map on my phone.
I guarantee someone does on the Watershed fb page.

FYI- The owner of Action Bikes permanently closed the Port Jervis location with two days notice.

So keep that in mind when you go ride here. I’d suggest going to Joe Fix Its as the next closest option.

FYI- The owner of Action Bikes permanently closed the Port Jervis location with two days notice.

So keep that in mind when you go ride here. I’d suggest going to Joe Fix Its as the next closest option.
Weird
I just talked to TC less then 2 weeks ago at his milford shop and he said the shop there was doing good especially for its location.

One look on a local trail at the number of direct to consumer bikes, and it's not hard to understand that more shops will fold shortly. Sad to see.

Back
Top Bottom