Port Jervis Watershed

Everything is in good shape. Trails are packed leaf cover isn't an issue anymore

Conditions were sweet. The trial surface on sections of Blueberry Karma is pretty amazing.
After we finished we learned about new trial that was just completed...was told it's twice as good as Painted. Must be amazing, anyone have any details on it?

Last edited:
Conditions were sweet. The trial surface on sections of Blueberry Karma is pretty amazing.
After we finished we learned about new trial that was just completed...was told it's twice as good as Painted. Must be amazing, anyone have any details on it?
It's called the Flintlock trail. It has some kickers, drops, berms. Reminds me of Broken Arrow trail at Trexler but with features. It needs more rock gardens thrown in. Trail is not complete. There is a temporary finish that spits you off to Tallulah.

Entrance is near the start of middle Painted Apron, off of Huguenot Hill.

Has anybody been riding here lately? Curious how conditions might be, it's been warm this week and Saturday looks like the perfect day to ride.

Has anybody been riding here lately? Curious how conditions might be, it's been warm this week and Saturday looks like the perfect day to ride.
I was there yesterday riding. Still a few inches of snow on trails and a fat bike is needed. If you hit early in the morning when temps are below freezing it's pretty good but as soon as it gets soft it's slow go but doable.

Went to Port Jervis to ride. I was met with a thick sheet of ice instead. Parked and walked up the end of Cosmic Charlie (photo below) and it was slippery enough I had a hard time walking down the trail. Turned back and drove to my local trail (Alpine), but that was unridable too.

6FFCA942-ED9F-4017-A01D-5D47CA9C4217.jpeg

Went to Port Jervis to ride. I was met with a thick sheet of ice instead. Parked and walked up the end of Cosmic Charlie (photo below) and it was slippery enough I had a hard time walking down the trail. Turned back and drove to my local trail (Alpine), but that was unridable too.

View attachment 180029
Hahaha I was there today. I started up Cosmic. It was rideable. Most of the Shed was rideable just had to ride with caution. Few really nasty spots especially sheltered areas with a slope.

A
Curious how the conditions will be for Snowball's Chance... was considering attending.
Any snow and ice that we have now will be gone after tomorrow's weather's. There are hints of a some snow toward the end of the week. You should definitely attend. It's always a good time. I'll be there.

A

Any snow and ice that we have now will be gone after tomorrow's weather's. There are hints of a some snow toward the end of the week. You should definitely attend. It's always a good time. I'll be there.

How's it looking? I'm on the fence, registration closes tomorrow and the weather isn't looking good between the snow this week and mix on Saturday.

Side note, what's the vibe during the event? More a casual ride, putt around to check points... I wanted to get a flavor of the trails at a nice intermediate pace.

How's it looking? I'm on the fence, registration closes tomorrow and the weather isn't looking good between the snow this week and mix on Saturday.

Side note, what's the vibe during the event? More a casual ride, putt around to check points... I wanted to get a flavor of the trails at a nice intermediate pace.
Yes more casual.

The 3-4" of snow from yesterday is mostly gone. But this next storm will bring around 6" of new snow and downed trees!

Back
Top Bottom