Pinch me... am I dreaming?

If I am reading this correctly they are still upgrading you from your original bike right? I'd be happy to be still getting an upgrade as they could replace it back to your original bike. IMHO it seems like you are still getting a good deal so instead of :cry: consider yourself lucky and start :) - its all in the attitude!

True, as long as you're still above where you started, you should feel lucky. But 2 frames from a top of the line company? The company should gladly give you an upgrade just for the PR, especially since it is a manufacturing issue, not abuse.

In my case, my '07 Rig has to much flex in the rear triangle, causing constant chain drops. The factory rep looked at it, and said new frame. My problem is I don't like the new frame and color. I want the '07 back:cry:.

If I am reading this correctly they are still upgrading you from your original bike right? I'd be happy to be still getting an upgrade as they could replace it back to your original bike. IMHO it seems like you are still getting a good deal so instead of :cry: consider yourself lucky and start :) - its all in the attitude!

True. And a Firebird is a neat little fun car, but after driving a tricked out Ferrari, it's a little hard to get back in a Firebird.

True, as long as you're still above where you started, you should feel lucky. But 2 frames from a top of the line company? The company should gladly give you an upgrade just for the PR, especially since it is a manufacturing issue, not abuse.

My thoughts exactly. Neither the shop, Specialized or I want these problems and frankly I've spent a hell of a lot of money switching over and will spend even more to build the new one back up as warranty replacement does not cover labor or parts that are not compatible. So having spent more than a few hundred going forward, going back would be doubly painful.

The word today, they've got nothing in my size so I will need to wait until the 2010's come in. Bummer that it might be a loooonnngg time, but they say I can have a Ferrari again. Specialized rocks.

In the meantime, I'll get to ride the loaner and that will really make me appreciate my new bike when it gets here. 200 miles so far on the loaner Fuji Roubaix and let me tell you, these two bikes share nothing in common besides the name.

Back
Top Bottom