pictures from wawayanda

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
here, are some pictures from waway 9/16/07 .....

I love all the ferns up there. The rocks are cool too. Explored some new stuff that I had skied but never ridden a bike on. Yesterday was just a beautiful day. I hope you all had a chance to get out!:)

Attachments

• art.JPG
    art.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 75
  • ferns.JPG
    ferns.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 64
  • rootball.JPG
    rootball.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 60
  • fern2.JPG
    fern2.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 62
  • board.JPG
    board.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 90

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I think i saw you guys in the lot as you were going out, we were going in. The weather was great and the trails were better than i remember. One of the best rides i've had in a while.

bozizle

Trial

The last pic is one of the only non-biking trails in the park.... fun to walk to the planks through that long stretch. Just a heads up as I have ended up on that and been yelled at by the park rangers.

bozizle

yup

It's a sweet trail up to the double plank bridge part that runs for quite a while....however it is technically a hiking only trail..the only one in the park and to be honest I have never seen anyone hike that trail since it's tucked up between two other trails a bit into the park. You can actually access the best part of that trail by dropping in from Cherry ridge road onto Banker and there is a left hand turn onto the trail that offers great riding until the bridge.

J

joanqs

Nah, it runs diagonally between the Banker and Double Pond trails.

Bo, is it still hiking only? :confused:

First, this is the driest I have ever seen the boardwalk, and is Banker the Blue trail? I thought the boardwalk area was on Banker?? It's funny, I ride back here all the time, and don't know the names of the trails, only colors and landmarks.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
ooops, I did not think the sign said hiker only. It did seem strange to have a trail in a swamp. I remeber skiing it in winter, and it looked familiar as we were trying to find our way back to the furnace. The moss in there was incredible! I guess I need to figure out the trais in that part of the park.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
First, this is the driest I have ever seen the boardwalk, and is Banker the Blue trail? I thought the boardwalk area was on Banker?? It's funny, I ride back here all the time, and don't know the names of the trails, only colors and landmarks.

That trail always reminds me of something out of Jurassic Park; tragically, I believe there was a xc skiier a few years back that got lost in the park and met his demise on that trail.

I'm just the opposite; I know the trails by name, I didn't even know there were colors associated with them. :p

J

joanqs

That trail always reminds me of something out of Jurassic Park; tragically, I believe there was a xc skiier a few years back that got lost in the park and met his demise on that trail.

I'm just the opposite; I know the trails by name, I didn't even know there were colors associated with them. :p

Whoa, I didn't hear that story. Yikes. I think all of Wawayanda has Jurassic feel to it. Last year, I was coming up to the boardwalk area and a man holding a beer and wearing nothing but a smile and flipflops walked by. No lie, no exaggeration. A naked man, drinking a beer, in the middle of the f..n jungle. My friends and I were scared.

Sidenote: The Skinny Dippers club maintains some of the trails along Warwick Turnpike, and I have seen them in groups walking so maybe this is related, however the guy was alone. Creepy

Top Bottom