Picnic Riding?

Mare

Are the showers still open in the bathhouse by the lake @ LM (insert funny comment here) at this time of year?

I've taken a shower there as late as mid-September post ride when attending other picnics there.

I think they are. I have been to LM in the winter and those bathrooms are still open. I'd imagine they can't close off the showers...they are in the same room.

ryderX

Are the showers still open in the bathhouse by the lake @ LM (insert funny comment here) at this time of year?

I've taken a shower there as late as mid-September post ride when attending other picnics there.

I'll have one of the pages check on that and get back to you soon, Senator !

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So if anyone was actually counting on me leading a ride, and it appears not to be the case, I'm probably not going to be riding. Chris and Ryan seemed the only 2 interested and Ryan said he can lead so I'll leave it to him. I'm not going to show up with family at 10 and then take off for 2 hours while they sit there wondering why I'm not around. If they're not going to come until later then I may still bring the bike.

BiknBen

I'll be there for 10am. I may be there much earlier getting my fix but I haven't decided yet.

I haven't ridden there in a decade and don't remember much more than the first climb of the race course.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be there for 10am. I may be there much earlier getting my fix but I haven't decided yet.

I haven't ridden there in a decade and don't remember much more than the first climb of the race course.

See now I could get there much earlier, buzz around for 2 hours, go home, shower, then come back with the family. I can be there at 7:00.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've never been there. So I was hoping to get in some riding. Christine has been planning to bring her bike as well and noodle around for a while.

Otherwise, we'll be riding local to here and getting there noonish anyway, which seems pretty dumb.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never been there. So I was hoping to get in some riding. Christine has been planning to bring her bike as well and noodle around for a while.

Otherwise, we'll be riding local to here and getting there noonish anyway, which seems pretty dumb.

By all means, bring the bike. Ryan is going to have his and I'm sure some others will as well.

Shaggz

A strong 7
rumor has it that someone will be showing up with a brand spankin new Giant Trance X1 (not me).

Women's Ride

:confused: I don't know if interest in an all women's ride has fizzled out, I hope not, but I would be willing to lead such a ride. It would be a social, easy paced ride.

So that means no one would get dropped, we'd wait for anyone who needed to stop and catch their breath (c'est moi), or smell the Roses;) , or take their time through any technical sections,...or whatever. Length could be decided at the start.

I would say about a 10:00 - 10:30ish start from the Sugarloaf Picnic area parking lot. If there's a preference timewise, please speak up.

I wasn't going to wear this because it's a bit.....bright..... but to make things easier, and since it's so close to Halloween,....just look for the pumpkin colored jersey.:eek:

And I can change flat tires, and handle most minor trailside repairs. Just bring a spare tube.

I dunno. When I'm done biking I try to stay as far away from people as possible till I get to a shower. I also need to slip out of my synthetic ballerina outfit ASAP. I think I'll bring the bike but stay in normal clothes. Ride around the campsite a bit, maybe hijack the womens ride.

And Wazu,.....should you decide to "hijack the women's ride",.....You better make bloody well sure that 'synthetic ballerina outfit' you plan on wearing is a genuine French tutu so you appropriately fit in with the group! :getsome:

Otherwise, don't get :mad2: if we should decide to slow to a crawl to 'smell the Roses'. You've already told us what happens when you slow down on that ole SS you ride :D .

So consider yourself warned, Buster!

Shaggz

A strong 7
:confused: I don't know if interest in an all women's ride has fizzled out, I hope not, but I would be willing to lead such a ride. It would be a social, easy paced ride.

So that means no one would get dropped, we'd wait for anyone who needed to stop and catch their breath (c'est moi), or smell the Roses;) , or take their time through any technical sections,...or whatever. Length could be decided at the start.

I would say about a 10:00 - 10:30ish start from the Sugarloaf Picnic area parking lot. If there's a preference timewise, please speak up.

I wasn't going to wear this because it's a bit.....bright..... but to make things easier, and since it's so close to Halloween,....just look for the pumpkin colored jersey.:eek:

And I can change flat tires, and handle most minor trailside repairs. Just bring a spare tube.

what, no "girl's" ride? i give up... :p

anrothar

entirely thrilled
wazu, pick up some water free hand sanitizer. it goes a long, long way to making ones self olfactorilly acceptable to other human beings after a ride.

xc62701

I don't mind leading a ride but it's going to be a little moist back there for sure. We got a ton of rain and I'll still give it a go but be warned. At least I live 15 min away so I can run home and shower if I need. I'll probably have the SS and the geared so I'll pick and choose when I need. I'm thinking a ride at 10 am with a medium pace - a few stops here and there to keep the group together should be nice. I'll have my Blue and Red Team Bulldog attire on probably riding my blue and red Trek 8000 SS. Find Norm and he'll direct you to me.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Mr Pixy and I will be there around 10:00 too. We can lead, follow, smell roses, mixed, men, women, girls, A - C, whatever is needed :) .

See ya then.

Top Bottom