On bike tool storage

@The Kalmyk From their site what is included when this is purchased. FS I don't think would matter since this is isolated onto just the front triangle. The dropper looks like it would be dealt with the "magnetic reel" which in the pics below that it comes with 2 one for the seat post the other for the stem.

1. Quick and easy Installation
  2. 120cm medical-grade, 90A durometer polyurethane tube can be cut to fit most bikes
  3. Dishwasher safe 42oz bottle is fully recyclable, and made of food-grade HDPE
  4. Magnetic reels with 3 -ply nylon parachute cord, tested to over 180,000 cycles
  5. 32 Cubic Inches of storage in the integrated seat bag
View attachment 103217View attachment 103218View attachment 103220
I could see you wrapped up in that after a wipe out.

With a long travel dropper, fs,and big wheels, you'd be buzzing that thing with the rear tire. It would also interfere with getting your ass behind the seat for steep rock rolls, drops, and manuals. Maybe good for hardtails and roadies.

@The Kalmyk From their site what is included when this is purchased. FS I don't think would matter since this is isolated onto just the front triangle. The dropper looks like it would be dealt with the "magnetic reel" which in the pics below that it comes with 2 one for the seat post the other for the stem.

2. 120cm medical-grade, 90A durometer polyurethane tube can be cut to fit most bikes
  4. Magnetic reels with 3 -ply nylon parachute cord, tested to over 180,000 cycles
The only redeeming quality of that thing is that it maybe hiding your butt crack...who am I kidding, no it won’t. Forget about it!

Note the strap around the seat post? That is incompatible with every dropper post I've seen - the strap would get crushed between the saddle clamp and the top of the post housing. Plus, much like some of the external routed dropper systems, the hose may have kinking issues when the post is in the low position. Lastly, it is highly likely the rear tire would hit the bag at full suspension travel.

giphy (26).gif

My perfect setup on the Fug:

Fug_storage.JPG

- EDC Tool w/ plug & pliers kit in the steering tube
- EDC Pump
- Stapped pocket with tube, tire levres & 2xCO2 cartridges

Works well also given the frame design and I can use a large bottle with no issue if needed.

I also use a Geigerrig Guardian hydration pack that I recently updated to a 2l engine. I wouldn't have shelled the money but it was dirt cheap on special and couldn't pass.

hero-gr-rig-guardian-300x300.jpg

Bought this thanks to the review Rick posted. With this and a
0AC7FE19-0298-4CA1-87C0-A90CD3C46EB7.jpeg
bottle on the bike I hope to not need a pack on the longer rides.

Will do. The bottle elastic seems a little loose so I’m curios if that will be an issue
Hmmm. I wonder if you rode it and it came loose, if you'd be able to exchange it to see if it's just your particular unit that's loose, or a design issue?

everyone is rocking the fanny, but that is interesting. I wonder how much 2 bottles worth of water in your seat tube would effect frame balance...

I don't think I'll go back to on frame storage backpack for long rides fanny for short

Here is a question do you stop to drink from your hydration pack

Last Fall I switched from my camelback to a Revelate Tangle frame bag. This was something I wanted for a long time. Although I don’t have the same storage volume, it carries everything I need. Summer will likely see multiple water bottles, but the freedom of nothing on my torso is liberating.

Reactions: Tim
Last Fall I switched from my camelback to a Revelate Tangle frame bag. This was something I wanted for a long time. Although I don’t have the same storage volume, it carries everything I need. Summer will likely see multiple water bottles, but the freedom of nothing on my torso is liberating.
I feel like I wouldn't get to drink very much if I only got to drink if I stopped riding. Also, a single 600mL or so bottle isn't enough for my rides.

I feel like I wouldn't get to drink very much if I only got to drink if I stopped riding. Also, a single 600mL or so bottle isn't enough for my rides.
I use bottle cages and drink while I ride.

It's not hard to drink while you're riding. Of course, you can't do it on a rock garden...

Wolftooth/others make an accessory that splits a downtube mount sideways, to fit two bottles. Works good.

i believe wofltooth also makes a mutli-tool style that packs inside the handlebars . . . . pretty neat tbh but iv just been using a pack, and with the way i go through water in the summer giving up the 3l bladder just isnt an option

Back
Top Bottom