OHV- dirtbikes, quads, 'jeeps'

where would you support legal trail use for them?

• some parks on a restricted basis

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • wildlife management areas

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • watershed areas

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • not on public lands

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • some combination of the above

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
I've been up on alla for30yrs and since the rrmc left and the state and mtbrs took over its gone to crap.Nothing creates and maintains trail like quads and bikes.There are racers and there are locals and if the locals don't know you or you look like a "dirtroadie" yer gonna get sprayed. That's just the way it is.I've never had any problems but then again most people know of me.Trees fall, mud and ruts happen and it all heals over .I'm not saying be irresponsible, but the planet will be here long after us.Just let everyone ride where they will and always have.No gov. just grass roots and on the down low.

hardtale70 said:
There are racers and there are locals and if the locals don't know you or you look like a "dirtroadie" yer gonna get sprayed. That's just the way it is.

Then there's no wonder why they get banned from the trails. Show no respect, get no respect.

Give me a break!

hardtale70 said:
I've been up on alla for30yrs and since the rrmc left and the state and mtbrs took over its gone to crap.Nothing creates and maintains trail like quads and bikes.There are racers and there are locals and if the locals don't know you or you look like a "dirtroadie" yer gonna get sprayed. That's just the way it is.I've never had any problems but then again most people know of me.Trees fall, mud and ruts happen and it all heals over .I'm not saying be irresponsible, but the planet will be here long after us.Just let everyone ride where they will and always have.No gov. just grass roots and on the down low.

Since rrmc left the trail have gone to what...and quads make good trails...come on! And BTW I have three motos in the garage, so dont give this you dont understand nonsense.

Bob W.

Last edited:
Rrmc

carl said:
There are tons of acres of land to legally ride a dirt bike in NJ. The only cavet is that the motorcycle has to be street legal. There are many enduro clubs in NJ which all work closely with the Park System & DEP/ Fish & Game.. They do hours & hours of trail maintenance. Noise is not a problem..all of the riding goes on in state forests.. far away from houses. This is all in South Jersey.

An Enduro Club in Northern NJ called the Ridge Riders bascially built all of the trails that you all now ride in Allamuchy. Enduros used to be run there up until a few years ago. They have now been thrown out of the park system for no real reason. This forced them to buy their own tract of land in NY state. They recently held the Word Enduro Championship's there.

Most of these guys respect & love the forest just like all of you, most even ride mtn bikes. They are not the spawn of satan like the faggots at sierra club want all to believe.

Carl,

First off let me state that this is just my $0.02 worth, just so some folks wont say I am not portraying this group or another fairly, and that I may have some responsibility to the public for what I say.

I would not agree with the statement that RRMC built all the trails. Most of the trails are old logging or carriage roads. I will agree that in the past moto use kept trails open. There is a reason they were not issued a permit to continue their race. The manager for the park took a walk with them and saw several trails that were badly eroded. Keep in mind that these trails were fall line trail and old logging roads; not all the erosion was created by the motos, nature did most. However, if you do not offer to help out the situation, then decisions will be made without your input. Now before everyone gets all over me for being anti- moto, I am not, anti quad yes (dam couches with wheels!); I have three motos in the garage and my wife’s grandfather was a rrmc member in the 60's!!! Hear is another bit of info, when the enduro was not issued a permit, I actually talked to the park manager to try and help negotiate behind the scenes, but a decision was made.

How do motos get someplace to ride??? Get organized, don’t feel like you are entitled, be humble, do trail work, make alliances. There appears to be a few folks out there that understand this. Several folks were at a recent NJ Trails meeting, a good first step. It will take time.

Once last thing, if you think a parcel the size of Allamuchy is big enough for moto use and other, I would not agree. The north section of the park has 40 miles of trails. Now even if you avg only 20 miles an hour that two hours of riding if you hit everything! To me that would not be enough to ride and be fun. You would need something much larger, or several parcels that you could connect by road. Now that would be something!!! Otherwise you end up with a motocross track with trees, and no other users will be able to use it a well.

Ok, as Ryder X would say let the flaming begin!!!

See ya,

Bob W.

I knew i was gonna hurt your feelings

I believe i said sh**. The rrmc are worshipped as gods in their new town in NY and are now hosting a World Enduro. I think any legal area outside the barrens is ridiculous. Suppressing the local riders is doing no good for the trails and they assume hikers,horses and mtbers are to blame so they'll give it to ya when they can(rightly or wrongly).Many man hrs have been spent on the hills on the 517 side and those blowouts have been rutted more in a single storm than in years of riding(not that either was helping exactly)Go up to Stewart where the bikes and quads stiil rule and you will have the time of your life on some awesome trails.

Felling doesn't hurt...

...unless the tree lands on you.Just wanted to make sure you didn't take it too personally.I know you work hard, we just have completely different takes on this

Diff take I dont...

hardtale70 said:
...unless the tree lands on you.Just wanted to make sure you didn't take it too personally.I know you work hard, we just have completely different takes on this

necessarly think so. This is such a big issue that one can not discuss it fairly on the internet, without taking all day. Perhaps we can chat sometime, if we have not already...

Bob

Last edited:
They do have a statue..

and I think they are featured promenently on the town website.I hope you are THE Bob W. cause I woulnd't be ashamed to tell my friends that THE Bob W. kicked my a** for what i said online.(It's all Seans fault anyway)

Back
Top Bottom