OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

BiknBen

Build it, save money, and maximize the use of your unique space. I considered buying benches that you had to assemble. They are often small and not nearly as secure/sturdy than what you can build yourself.

Rolling partition and storage unit.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Build it, save money, and maximize the use of your unique space. I considered buying benches that you had to assemble. They are often small and not nearly as secure/sturdy than what you can build yourself.

Rolling partition and storage unit.

way to organized :D

embarrassed to pic mine at present moment, problem is it's been way too cold to work in my garage. Need to get a heating solution for next year. Probably pellet...

THATmanMANNY

2014-03-01092544_zps1742d59e.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not quite Ben's level, but getting out of the garage and into the basement was a nice upgrade.

uploadfromtaptalk1393705689307.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393705705900.jpg

greeek32

way to organized :D

embarrassed to pic mine at present moment, problem is it's been way too cold to work in my garage. Need to get a heating solution for next year. Probably pellet...

I bought a small heater that runs on the little propane tanks to thaw my pipes in my crawl space. It was like $50 and ran all day on one tank. Might be good for a low use area like a bike shop. Won't get it up to 70° but could make it workable, especially considering you can put it next to you.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
decided to go with the one bill posted, seemed the easiest to follow...

15 2x4's in the Fit, who needs to rent a truck ;)
1656215_10152033837978215_702865783_n.jpg

B206A3F1-F809-4F31-AD1D-8B6FA9A70676_zpss9wodcxg.jpg

super straight forward, just predrilled the holes before i sent the 3" drywall screws through.

D48EF49B-D75C-473E-82A4-F8F5A7A34FE2_zpswee7qwhj.jpg

have to figure out if i have any use to use that upper shelf with the height of the basement, but i built the frame anyway. just need the plywood and pegboard now, i have to measure to see if a 6' x 30" plywood would fit in my car ;)

rlb

decided to go with the one bill posted, seemed the easiest to follow...

15 2x4's in the Fit, who needs to rent a truck ;)

Lookin good! Were you at depot last night? When I came out a fit w/ racks was parked next to me. Reminded me I should ride my bike soon.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Looking good James. Perhaps I will have to hire you to do ours when you're done :)

If I can do this one, you could easily do it! I spent more time removing the drill bit and replacing it with the phillips head then it took to build it :p

Lookin good! Were you at depot last night? When I came out a fit w/ racks was parked next to me. Reminded me I should ride my bike soon.

ya man, i was in closest spot, the spot to the left of me was a handicap jaun

You mean you didn't create a 3D model before buying the materials? :popcorn:

ha, i just put two in two together on how you built yours, DOH!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
buy melamine board for the top, cheap/easy to clean/hard durable surface. most those box stores will cut to size, lumber yards do also...

look at mine, white is also easy for picking out small bits that can lost...

THATmanMANNY

buy melamine board for the top, cheap/easy to clean/hard durable surface. most those box stores will cut to size, lumber yards do also...

look at mine, white is also easy for picking out small bits that can lost...

how come one side of the table leg is short??? :confused:

If I remember correclty I paid the guy $80 for this off craigs.
gorilla rack bench

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Because the contractor who built my house sucked badly! The house was modular but anything contractor did was a horror show. Oh I could go on!

I built mine custom which means ballz on level yo!

IMG_0836.jpg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

If I remember correclty I paid the guy $80 for this off craigs.
gorilla rack bench

Right now my total is $58 bucks, that includes da wood and the 3" screws. Not sure what I'll do for a top, but plywood looks to be around $15-30 bucks? too many options :p

$80 is a deal son!

Top Bottom