North Jersey Noobie to site

Blk06CompIRL

Hello all!! After looking at this site for a little while now i finally join :)
My name is Jason and i live in wonderful Essex County, as of this spring i picked up a new bike so my girl and I could go out and be active while having some fun!! So here is a little about myself (and my girl).
I am 28yrs old and my girl and I are both riding Trek Tarpons (matching bikes how cute right??!! lol). We have about 45 miles logged so far this season riding on mainly rail trails in my area and hers (she is in Sussex county). We have hit up trails like west Essex trail, Loantaka brook reservation and i believe Paulinskill valley trail to name a few. One of my goals is to try and get more comfortable so i can do some more single track riding and longer distances (currently my girl is only interested in the more leisure rides and 10mile rides). Hopefully through this site i can find some better trails and perhaps meet some new riding buddies/ friends. Some trails I've read about and would like to ride soon are patriots path, 6 mile run, highpoint, stokes and ringwood park... perhaps if weather holds out i can sneak off to one tomorrow. I am open to rail suggestions and meeting new people so feel free to send a PM!

Pic is with girls old bike
301714_10150962267415663_1463424660_n.jpg

Hey Jason,

Welcome to the site. You should introduce your girl to some the women on this site. They can help pull her in more... maybe take lessons.

Welcome!

I am new as well so I couldn't give many tips, but coming from a beginner I can tell you what I am starting out on... I have been riding in Andover on the Sussex Branch trail. If you feel adventurous there are a bunch of trails you can venture off on that lead directly back to the rail trail, and they have a few obstacles to maneuver, so I take it slow and base what I do on my comfort level that day. My boyfriend is very new to Mountain Biking, coming from Long Island he has never ridden on anything but pavement lol.. He enjoyed six mile run, ALOT! That's a fun road trip if you are willing to drive a bit of a distance from here..

welcome to the site!

If you are ever thinking of coming down this way and want a tour of 6 Mile, let me know, my husband and I ride together there often.

thanks for the warm welcoming! i definitely dont have any issues driving a bit to get to a trail when need be, hell i drive 50 minutes just to get to her house lol and i believe 6 mile run was in the Hillsborough area which is about 45 minutes or so. So when i get down that way I will deff post.
@ mrchainsaw i will have to take a peak for any pictures, my camera is in need of much cleaning out :p i will say though that the Loantaka is a paved path in morristown it has a lot of turns and a couple branch offs, on days that its not to busy you can have have a bit of fun, but appears to be popular with the elderly walkers.
@ MannyL358 yes i will have to see if she would make a profile here as well so she can put her own thoughts down.
Now this weather just needs to behave for the day so i can venture off after work :D

Jason, I live in sussex county and hit up many of those same trails as you and your girl. My wife likes the rail trails as well, but will try more advanced stuff on occasion. I live near Waywayanda and ride there often as well, perhpas sometime we can meet up and ride together, your girl might be more inclined to to try more challenging trails if she has another female rider at the same level as she is. Good luck, have fun..and feel free to PM if you ever want to try it out...

Welcome to the spot!! You will hook up with many good folks who will be more than willing to show you around. Bring the GF down to the beginner rides at Alllaire (it is a long drive to Parkway exit 98, but it will be more than worth it). See you on the trails!!

Welcome! I agree with many others when I say that Six Mile is a great place to ride! I go there at least once a week with one of my neighbors. Let me know if you plan on heading down to six mile and we can try and meet up! We are always searching for more people to ride with.

Jason, I live in sussex county and hit up many of those same trails as you and your girl. My wife likes the rail trails as well, but will try more advanced stuff on occasion. I live near Waywayanda and ride there often as well, perhpas sometime we can meet up and ride together, your girl might be more inclined to to try more challenging trails if she has another female rider at the same level as she is. Good luck, have fun..and feel free to PM if you ever want to try it out...

ahh very cool, mine lives right next to stokes, which we did a 12 mile ride to today. tried to navigate a few trails there but waaay to rocky for her for right now, so we biked about half way up the road to sunrise mountain turned around and greatly enjoyed the down hill return ride lol

jnol281 Welcome! I agree with many others when I say that Six Mile is a great place to ride! I go there at least once a week with one of my neighbors. Let me know if you plan on heading down to six mile and we can try and meet up! We are always searching for more people to ride with.
very cool based on some reading and some you tube videos this coming Saturday we seem interested in going to both 6 mile and allaire time pending (they seem kinda close) the beginner trails of allaire sound awesome especially for her to build confidence. 6mile looked a little twisty and a few roots but overall something we can easily do.

I will make a note and either post up or PM some of you later in week when we have a better idea on times and locations.

ahh very cool, mine lives right next to stokes, which we did a 12 mile ride to today. tried to navigate a few trails there but waaay to rocky for her for right now, so we biked about half way up the road to sunrise mountain turned around and greatly enjoyed the down hill return ride lol

very cool based on some reading and some you tube videos this coming Saturday we seem interested in going to both 6 mile and allaire time pending (they seem kinda close) the beginner trails of allaire sound awesome especially for her to build confidence. 6mile looked a little twisty and a few roots but overall something we can easily do.

I will make a note and either post up or PM some of you later in week when we have a better idea on times and locations.

Sounds good! I will most likely be heading to 6 mile this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom