Norba

ArmyOfNone

I was looking at upcoming races that Im thinkin i may do this season. Most offer a $5 discount if your a NORBA member. Other than the 5 bucks is it worth picking up this liscence?

http://www.usacycling.org/mtb/

This was the link i was directed to. just want to make sure thats right also. THANKS!

NJ Jess

that depends

Some people like it, some hate it, but if you want to race, one has to simply deal with it.

I like it because I can pre register without too much hassle.
I enjoy the enewsletter that contains all the aspects of cycling.
My places and point become official, therefore I'm currently ranked for my age & category.
A lot of the money does support cycling in some way.

And this year,...if you hold an annual license you can complete in the SingleSpeed Category at the National Championships on July 17- 22, at Mt Snow, VT Without Actually having to Qualify for it.

Works for me

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I don't know if it's the samebut my AMA license was Also secondary (PRimary 4 me)health ins at sanctioned events.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Beginner and sport can race with one day licenses. Expert and Pro must have yearly licenses...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
a usa cycling liscence is also useful internationally. i'll be travelling to ireland at the end of april, and competing in a uci sanctioned xc race while there. my usa cycling liscence will be recognized. otherwise if you want to compete, you would have to purchase either a one day or full season pass, depending on the rules of that nations cycling-governing body.

ArmyOfNone

a usa cycling liscence is also useful internationally. i'll be travelling to ireland at the end of april, and competing in a uci sanctioned xc race while there. my usa cycling liscence will be recognized. otherwise if you want to compete, you would have to purchase either a one day or full season pass, depending on the rules of that nations cycling-governing body.

is that the same as a norba membership? I know the links direct you to the usa cycling site. just want to make sure thats it.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
norba technically doesn't exist anymore. it was always associated with usacycling as the mountain bike division, but they have eliminated the distinction, and now it's just: usa cycling, mountin bike. the same liscence will get you into cyclocross and i think road races in your chosen category.

NJ Jess

Internationally?

Does one need an upgrade or add on to do a UCI event? And international event?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
don't think so. i think you technically need 'approval', but unless its a national or world cup event... lemme check though.

Top Bottom