(No Longer) Offensive Strava Segment Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow just wow. It's one thing to disagree with someone but then to pro-actively go and change a name of a trail in a park that is used by the general community is unbelievable... and shows how much disrespect you have for others.

And I hate the argument that says: Oh it's not any different than what is already out there... kids get exposed to sex/violence when they are young all the time. It's not a reason, it's just a poor excuse for you guys to only think of yourselves.

Mountain Bike Mike

@jimvreeland Lewis Morris is right in my backyard... so if i want a quick ride after work, that's where i go... i'm comfortable there riding by myself too. there are other parks that aren't that far for me, but i'd rather ride in those places with people who are more experienced and know the parks batter than i do

and @fidodie Now i want an epic poop/fart joke next time i see you... no pressure. ;)

i also now want to create a segment called Tampon Hill or something like that. see who wants to be KOM of that sucker.

I'll take that one... PINTEREST FOR LIFE @jShort

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
All the times I've ridden there, I've never noticed it on the map until binge reading this thread for the past 30 minutes.......

it never had a name prior to Marty's changing the race course this year... hell... it wasn't even ON the map (screen shot from a ride i did on the 15th... this is saved from my email to strava)

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 10.19.18 PM.png

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh, and changing the trail on strava is another level. How do u even do that?

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well of anyone can do it than this is practically expected.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm honestly surprised there aren't a bunch of gang bang segments.

Not condoning...just surprised

Lucia D

HAHAHA - What asswipes are devoting time to changing map names just to try to razz other people? I hope you special map elves get what you ask for in the form of an intimate ménage a rocks.

See you all at Lewis Morris on Sunday!

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So a while back I posted a ride of mine to Facebook and my mom of all people clicked on the link. Being that she didn't have an account, she got the preview with the map and your top 5 or so segments / achievements. I thought, no one will notice that segment but maybe 5 minutes after posting my mom texts me asking what this strava thing is. I can only imagine she was thinking it was tinder for bikers or something. I pretty much stopped riding that segment so my mom doesn't think I have gangbangs in the woods. I do wish I could just "uncheck" a segment so it doesn't show up on my profile as a nice solution to this problem.

Last edited:

I Ride Bikes

So a while back I posted a ride of mine to Facebook and my mom of all people clicked on the link. Being that she didn't have an account, she got the preview with the map and your top 5 or so segments / achievements. I thought, no one will notice that segment but maybe 5 minutes after posting my mom texts me asking what this strava thing is. I can only imagine she was thinking it was tinder for bikers or something. I pretty much stopped riding that segment so my mom doesn't think I have gangbangs in the woods. I do wish I could just "uncheck" a segment so it doesn't show up on my profile as a nice solution to this problem.
That would be nice to be able to hide segments. Just for the fact that there are like a billion segments everywhere and half of the MTB ones are irrelevant due to trail changes. That would be a really good improvement to there system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions