NJMTB Fest. aka JORBA Jam 2022

Cassinonorth

1661989382360.png

Getting this error while trying to sign up for camping.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thinking of going, but has anyone who's been in the past know the gap between intermediate ride vs advanced intermediate? I've been riding for around 3 years and I'm pretty comfortable on most blues and light black trails but I'm not a screaming fast rider either lol
Where do you ride usually?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I got a camping spot and intermediate MTBNJ ride. Bar is set high here ride leaders

serviceguy

What happened to the registration link? I know I can’t see from one eye but I think I should still be able to see it!?!?

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Sorry if it was asked before, but what’s the difference between intermediate and advanced intermediate?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Brilliant

Thanks.

The short answer is that Ringwood is hard and we want to ensure people don’t choose rides that will be too challenging. These ride designations are always somewhat subjective.

Cassinonorth

Thanks.

The short answer is that Ringwood is hard and we want to ensure people don’t choose rides that will be too challenging. These ride designations are always somewhat subjective.

I wonder what percentage on a scale of "Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced" would classify themselves as Intermediate. I'm guessing 80%.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wonder what percentage on a scale of "Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced" would classify themselves as Intermediate. I'm guessing 80%.
The default is usually intermediate or advanced intermediate, so 80% is about accurate.

What one has to take into account is where one rides.

If you do not venture north of Lewis Morris Park, despite having ridden Allaire or 6 Mile for the last 8 yrs, you are in the novice camp when it comes to riding rocks with elevation. And that's OK.

Ringwood and surrounding parks are some of the hardest trails in the north east. I was in Vermont for a week and found those trails buff and smooth compared to riding in north Jersey.

When joining in group rides and you are not familiar with the trails/rocks, it's best to take it back a notch for the benefit of yourself and others. These rides are primarily a social event, with the hopes that you'll come back and revisit a particular park and become more familiar with it.

See u at Ringwood.
;)

Top Bottom