NJ Mountain Bike Festival

Is the beginner's clinic attended mostly by kids?

I couldn't bring myself to join the beginners ride at Cranks because it seemed like the sum of all participants age would barely match my age, so I joined the intermediate one and had to swallow a huge slice of humble pie!

Opinions?

Is the beginner's clinic attended mostly by kids?

I couldn't bring myself to join the beginners ride at Cranks because it seemed like the sum of all participants age would barely match my age, so I joined the intermediate one and had to swallow a huge slice of humble pie!

Opinions?
pretty sure the clinic is fully booked. that was one of the pre-register only things

pretty sure the clinic is fully booked. that was one of the pre-register only things

Weird...

bikereg.JPG

@serviceguy Dont be fooled by the age of the kids on the ride. Most of them can out ride us. And you just might learn a thing or 2.

No doubt, and more of a reason for not wanting to look like an idiot in front of a bunch of kids...

I think for those who don't now the trails, the loops will be fine. Just don't follow people who demo and know ringwood very well. You're going to get lost.

So I just found out my schedule will allow me to make it sunday, but see on BikeReg all the group rides are closed. Should I just come up and see if I can find intermediates to ride with? I dont know ringwood trails.

So I just found out my schedule will allow me to make it sunday, but see on BikeReg all the group rides are closed. Should I just come up and see if I can find intermediates to ride with? I dont know ringwood trails.
The group rides on BikeReg are special event rides. Basic group rides will be available on a first come basis Sunday, you sign up day of at tent. They will be going all day, hope you can make it Neil?

@Bleeder, next year we need to make group ride sign up more clear?

Do I need to register for group rides if I have a Green Jorba shirt that includes registration? Asking for a friend.

Thanks, I was trying to use the links on the event website. That works.

I didn't register for any event. I wanted to do a beginner class but they're full (and I suspect it's mostly kids). I wanted to mingle but I guess will have to join a OOS specific ride after all! I noticed @kbajaj is on the Trail Boss ride, I would probably roll off a cliff and die if I were to join that one!

I think I'll stop by tomorrow to see if they need any help setting up things, but I guess they have it all covered, I didn't notice any volunteering registration page or anything of that sort.
Lol no you won’t. Keep your fingers crossed for me though :)

Do I need to register for group rides if I have a Green Jorba shirt that includes registration? Asking for a friend.
Yes. The Green Jorba shirt just gets you entrance to the festival and a hug from @Mitch.
You still need to register for group rides at the Jorba tent.

Back
Top Bottom