NJ Mountain Bike Festival

serviceguy

Is the beginner's clinic attended mostly by kids?

I couldn't bring myself to join the beginners ride at Cranks because it seemed like the sum of all participants age would barely match my age, so I joined the intermediate one and had to swallow a huge slice of humble pie!

Opinions?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is the beginner's clinic attended mostly by kids?

I couldn't bring myself to join the beginners ride at Cranks because it seemed like the sum of all participants age would barely match my age, so I joined the intermediate one and had to swallow a huge slice of humble pie!

Opinions?
pretty sure the clinic is fully booked. that was one of the pre-register only things

serviceguy

pretty sure the clinic is fully booked. that was one of the pre-register only things

Weird...

bikereg.JPG

@serviceguy Dont be fooled by the age of the kids on the ride. Most of them can out ride us. And you just might learn a thing or 2.

No doubt, and more of a reason for not wanting to look like an idiot in front of a bunch of kids...

chris12453

I think for those who don't now the trails, the loops will be fine. Just don't follow people who demo and know ringwood very well. You're going to get lost.

chuprinko

So I just found out my schedule will allow me to make it sunday, but see on BikeReg all the group rides are closed. Should I just come up and see if I can find intermediates to ride with? I dont know ringwood trails.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I just found out my schedule will allow me to make it sunday, but see on BikeReg all the group rides are closed. Should I just come up and see if I can find intermediates to ride with? I dont know ringwood trails.
The group rides on BikeReg are special event rides. Basic group rides will be available on a first come basis Sunday, you sign up day of at tent. They will be going all day, hope you can make it Neil?

@Bleeder, next year we need to make group ride sign up more clear?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do I need to register for group rides if I have a Green Jorba shirt that includes registration? Asking for a friend.

kbajaj

Thanks, I was trying to use the links on the event website. That works.

I didn't register for any event. I wanted to do a beginner class but they're full (and I suspect it's mostly kids). I wanted to mingle but I guess will have to join a OOS specific ride after all! I noticed @kbajaj is on the Trail Boss ride, I would probably roll off a cliff and die if I were to join that one!

I think I'll stop by tomorrow to see if they need any help setting up things, but I guess they have it all covered, I didn't notice any volunteering registration page or anything of that sort.
Lol no you won’t. Keep your fingers crossed for me though :)

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do I need to register for group rides if I have a Green Jorba shirt that includes registration? Asking for a friend.
Yes. The Green Jorba shirt just gets you entrance to the festival and a hug from @Mitch.
You still need to register for group rides at the Jorba tent.

Top Bottom