NJ DMV

5/25 Update:
The Queen made contact with the minions at DMV. (using the 8:30 am method)

She has confirmed they have received the envelopes - they checks have not been cashed.
The maiden at DMV indicated they are working on mail received in February at this time.
The saga continues - or to use a government term, in suspense file.

---
Strangely enough, they knew they had the mail by entering the VIN.
Knowing about 3 things on inbound mail, it is opened by machine, scanned, checks separated, and batched.
They could easily use AI to get the VIN off the scan.
The twist here, is if messed up, they may need to return everything (vs paying a bill, where they destroy the remittance doc and envelope)
Given all that is done, how hard can it be to complete the request?
never mind.

@Patrick - remind me what forms you submitted by mail???

Remove lien holder from title -

rather than stamping the title as satisfied, the banks returned the title with a letter of no-interest.
the only way to get a clear title is to request the lien removed and have it re-issued (for $60)
Could have gone to dmv - but they are in my wife's name, and she wasn't going.

Remove lien holder from title -

rather than stamping the title as satisfied, the banks returned the title with a letter of no-interest.
the only way to get a clear title is to request the lien removed and have it re-issued (for $60)
Could have gone to dmv - but they are in my wife's name, and she wasn't going.

7/14 update

Crickets from the DMV. On the list for my wife to call.

Go to the DMV and be done with it.

On a side note, I mailed my registration in and got my new one in 20 days. Your issue is a bit more robust, schedule an appointment.

And in a miracle of miracles, i went out to the mailbox and there were two titles neatly placed in two envelopes.

Yeah, i'm never doing that again. The registration renewal works so well....

I don't think they ever cashed the checks.

Yeah, i'm never doing that again. The registration renewal works so well....
Ha I'm with you...that was a nightmare that I don't want to re-live. Just crazy how you mail away your title and have no insight into WTF happened, and no way to reach a person with an answer. Glad you finally got them.

The mail-in titles could work, they just need to set up an online process with a tracking mechanism. Log in, submit the digital form, print out a slip and mail it with the title. Then back to the site to track the progress.

I have an old plate I never turned in from my old car.

I wanted to transfer the plates to a pickup truck and they said I couldn't because it can only go car to car and not car to pickup truck.

Does anyone know if it will transfer to a SUV/truck? I'm assuming SUV is in the truck family?

I wanted to transfer the plates to a pickup truck and they said I couldn't because it can only go car to car and not car to pickup truck.

Does anyone know if it will transfer to a SUV/truck?

they have to be the same weight and axle class.

it is on the title - i'm not sure why, i had the same Q. I thought that was just to transfer registration -
do they charge for new plates? or is that part of the re-title? unless you just like all the 8s in the number?

idk when they changed it, but in 2013 was able to take the plates off my Durango and transfer them to the Challenger when i bought it. (but they were organizational plates so maybe thats why?) they definitely were not in the same weight class i can tell you that much.

Does anyone know if it will transfer to a SUV/truck? I'm assuming SUV is in the truck family?
Lagging on the follow up but they still don't consider SUVs trucks so I was able to transfer the plate from my old car. I just like it cause it has GTA in it haha

the car I just bought is 1995. So do I just not show up for inspection/sticker? Or do I need to get some special sticker and cops won't bother me.

It is exempt being older than 25 yo and under 8,000#

the car I just bought is 1995. So do I just not show up for inspection/sticker? Or do I need to get some special sticker and cops won't bother me.

Scrape off the old sticker and you are good to go. When you register the car you'll get an inspection exemption letter. Stick that in your glove box if stopped by dumb cop (Trooper).

Can the DL be now renewed online ? Green card holder, not citizen. Also can't be bothered to check but will if no one were to answer...

@Carson yeaa baby. I like the clean windshield.
Dealer sent me title, plates, reg, but I don't see an exemption notice or anything. I like this no hassle dealer pickup and just drive off with temp plates.

@Carson yeaa baby. I like the clean windshield.
Dealer sent me title, plates, reg, but I don't see an exemption notice or anything. I like this no hassle dealer pickup and just drive off with temp plates.

i have one from the Metro
it says metro on it, but a little photoshop and you are good to go

1639171830107.png

Last edited:

is the law 95 and older or all OBDI cars are exempt? bc some cars were OBDII in 95 . . . . (just asking bc i remember somethinga bout it, but not the details)

Can the DL be now renewed online ? Green card holder, not citizen. Also can't be bothered to check but will if no one were to answer...
My 18 year old just renewed online, so she no longer has a probationary DL, they just used her picture from a year ago. So yes, it can be done online, but as for your (or whomever) circumstances, you may need to investigate further.

Back
Top Bottom