NJ DMV

rlb

I'm sure we've all had some issues in the last year....

I paid off my car in May 2020 and got the title and lien release letter from the bank fairly quickly. At the time the DMV was still closed (I think), and since it has re-opened it's been swamped. Not wanting to trust my title to the mail-in process, I just sat on it. Fast forward to December: the DMV lines hadn't seemed to get much better, COVID cases were rising, and with a newborn in the house I wasn't really interested in going in person. And, most branches seemed to be appointment only, and not for anything you could do by mail.

So I mailed it in 12/8/2020 with y $60 check and started the wait...They cashed the check 12/24/2020, and it's 1/26/2021 and no title yet. I tried to call, but you get a message saying they can't take my call (assuming they are getting overwhelmed). I just submitted a follow-up via email but I have little hopes there.

Wondering WTF I can do other than wait....

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn’t even think there was a mail in option for titles. Wife was gifted a car from her parents last month and we went the appt route. Had to wait about 3 weeks to get an appt in Randolph but honestly the experience was much better than the usual chaos at the DMV.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I keep saying, the absolute fuckup with the DMV this past year has been the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to living in NJ for me.

My boss just got a new car lease. His license is expired, they're taking back the car if he doesn't have a valid license in the next two weeks. Earliest appointment he can get is in March. Went through Covid without renewing his license because everything said he had to go in person. For months they were closed, then nearly impossible to get into a center. Now they won't do it online.

I'm sitting here with my registration notice for my car and it blows my mind that there's no 2-year option. It's $46.50 for one year with I'm sure a BS "convenience" fee for paying online. As if going in person would be an option. Yet they never think of a 2-year option to cut down on costs associated with mailing these, time for people to enter them, inconvenience, etc. 2 years would cut the # of registration renewals in half. The environmental impact alone would be worth it.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@mattybfat just did titles transfer and registration by mail
Fake news
I had 4 week wait for an appointment and they are getting longer. If you buy by private sale expect to wait a minimum of a month to transfer title. I think its just another horse face move of some kind. Went to Costco with 500 other people but DMV had more workers then people needing help. And people want government to run your Healthcare 🤣

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I never got the renewal notice for my Buick and it's now expired. I logged on and if course I have to do it in person. Why??? No appointments for months.

roc

I never got the renewal notice for my Buick and it's now expired. I logged on and if course I have to do it in person. Why??? No appointments for months.
i just renewed my registration on line, after it was expired. it was very simple, was it for registration?

Johnny Utah

I have Titled two cars this year, one through the appointment method and one prior which included arriving at 4:30am and a four hour wait. I watched a man pee himself in one of the seats while waiting, my suggestion is don’t touch anything, bring a pen, don’t sit and pray to God they don’t shut your DMV location down after your appointment is made, as they will if someone in the staff comes down with COVID.

43DA024E-D1ED-49C1-A1AF-81363FBD50F9.jpeg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have Titled two cars this year, one through the appointment method and one prior which included arriving at 4:30am and a four hour wait. I watched a man pee himself in one of the seats while waiting, my suggestion is don’t touch anything, bring a pen, don’t sit and pray to God they don’t shut your DMV location down after your appointment is made, as they will if someone in the staff comes down with COVID.

View attachment 149955
Damn you didn't come all the way out to Washington did you? Otherwise yours eerily looks like our shop out here.

johnbryanpeters

Fake news
I had 4 week wait for an appointment and they are getting longer. If you buy by private sale expect to wait a minimum of a month to transfer title. I think its just another horse face move of some kind. Went to Costco with 500 other people but DMV had more workers then people needing help. And people want government to run your Healthcare 🤣
False equivalence. Everything has been fucked up by the pandemic, whether it be government or private.

Johnny Utah

Damn you didn't come all the way out to Washington did you? Otherwise yours eerily looks like our shop out here.
That’s Lakewood, I usually go to Silverton but they stopped doing titles there. I have done my license and registrations by mail without issue. I think the license photo can’t be older than 4 years to go by mail for anyone interested.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
You just made me double check all the titles of my 3 vehicles and all of them have me listed as the owner even though they were financed so I don't need to get new titles for them. Are you doing this just to get the Lien holder (bank) off the title?

roc

Yep, for some reason when I put in the PIN it say that I need to renew in person???
I could not find my form, so I did not have the pin, click that box and fill in the info, maybe that will work? I did it yesterday.

THATmanMANNY

I didn't know they did the appointments thing. I pulled up yesterday to hope i can get a ticket to come back later.
Still haven't legal'd my truck from this summer...

Top Bottom