NJ DMV

Meanwhile Republican cop loving Trump supporters are beating officers to death with fire extinguishers. I don't think Murphy is a problem...
Actually, fake news. The officer did pass, which sucks, but not from what's been reported. NYT posted a correction. Not trying to start s**t, just sayin'.

I paid off my truck!
Yeah mon!!!

f*cking bank doesn't sign the title as released - they send a signed release letter and tell me to go to DMV
to have the title reissued without the lien. BOA - they are such asshats.
Ouch, haha so exactly the situation I didn't need to get myself in.

Coincidentally I called the DMV again this morning and was still told that they hadn't processed December backlog yet. I mentioned hat my check was cashed, and she looked up the VIN and told me my title was proceed 2/4. She's "checking on something" and will call me back, fingers crossed. Thankfully I got someone on the line who seemed to care, maybe a combo of early morning + weekend in sight?

I suppose it could still be in the mail given the state of USPS these days. Will update when I know more.

I paid off my truck!
Yeah mon!!!

f*cking bank doesn't sign the title as released - they send a signed release letter and tell me to go to DMV
to have the title reissued without the lien. BOA - they are such asshats.
Had the same thing happen with my loan with the credit union, they sold the branch, lost or shredded my title, and then they just gave me a letter. I was on the hook for the $60 replacement title fee. I was stuck because I was selling it. Asshats all around.

Had to call again this morning and I finally got to the bottom of it. The mail got returned and it's been sitting on someone's desk since some time in December. This is despite being told 2x that they haven't started processing December paperwork yet :rolleyes:

I live in Bridgewater, but my neighborhood is in the Bound Brook zip code. So if my mail is addressed to "Bridgewater, NJ 08805" it only makes it through to me about 50% of the time, and it's usually the important shit that doesn't get to me. I've tried fixing my address with DMV to be "Bound Brook, NJ 08805" as it should be, but that never works...

After being transferred to someone else yet again, she said she's re-addressing the envelope and will get it out to me. What's the over-under on the title being correct?

Good luck Patrick!

Ouch, haha so exactly the situation I didn't need to get myself in.

Coincidentally I called the DMV again this morning and was still told that they hadn't processed December backlog yet. I mentioned hat my check was cashed, and she looked up the VIN and told me my title was proceed 2/4. She's "checking on something" and will call me back, fingers crossed. Thankfully I got someone on the line who seemed to care, maybe a combo of early morning + weekend in sight?

I suppose it could still be in the mail given the state of USPS these days. Will update when I know more.

Wow what a joke. We won't be registering any more vehicles in nj

Reactions: rlb
Had to call again this morning and I finally got to the bottom of it. The mail got returned and it's been sitting on someone's desk since some time in December. This is despite being told 2x that they haven't started processing December paperwork yet :rolleyes:

I live in Bridgewater, but my neighborhood is in the Bound Brook zip code. So if my mail is addressed to "Bridgewater, NJ 08805" it only makes it through to me about 50% of the time, and it's usually the important shit that doesn't get to me. I've tried fixing my address with DMV to be "Bound Brook, NJ 08805" as it should be, but that never works...

After being transferred to someone else yet again, she said she's re-addressing the envelope and will get it out to me. What's the over-under on the title being correct?

Good luck Patrick!

great - now i need to worry about branchburg, vs neshanic station.....

the post office seems to have some sort of "issue" nowadays. it is, and always has been, about local knowledge.
wonder if this stuff gets bounced back by some AI program, or if it is really routed to the wrong place,
and they just won't put the extra 5 seconds in to get it delivered.

our mail carrier has recently started skipping out house when we only have one or two pieces of mail (i signed up for informed delivery, so i know what SHOULD be coming each day, at least according to the sorting machine). They have also have been loosing mail that is supposed to come on the day skipped (most recently the gas bill) fortunately iv been watching it so i know whats missing but still . . . . WTF their job isnt that hard

our mail carrier has recently started skipping out house when we only have one or two pieces of mail (i signed up for informed delivery, so i know what SHOULD be coming each day, at least according to the sorting machine). They have also have been loosing mail that is supposed to come on the day skipped (most recently the gas bill) fortunately iv been watching it so i know whats missing but still . . . . WTF their job isnt that hard

why do you get a paper gas bill?

why do you get a paper gas bill?

we get them all on paper, its a nice reminder to pay them, and dont tell me to set them on autopay, i keep too close of an eye on the accounts to be on board with that one.

They get paid through my banks website bc i dont want 8 different logins to remember.

we get them all on paper, its a nice reminder to pay them, and dont tell me to set them on autopay, i keep too close of an eye on the accounts to be on board with that one.

They get paid through my banks website bc i dont want 8 different logins to remember.

ebill to bank - and you are more than smart enough to remember to pay them.

also, use a credit card when possible, as it give you recourse when "incorrectly billed"
plus credit card rewards!

ebill to bank - and you are more than smart enough to remember to pay them.

also, use a credit card when possible, as it give you recourse when "incorrectly billed"
plus credit card rewards!

last time i looked into the ebill thing it didnt go to my bank, not going to the hassle of changing, will have to check again see if they added it.

credit card payment would be neat, but would have to make account with each utility, cant be bothered remembering that many un/pw combos. (even with password managers f-that, i want everything in one place)

great - now i need to worry about branchburg, vs neshanic station.....

the post office seems to have some sort of "issue" nowadays. it is, and always has been, about local knowledge.
wonder if this stuff gets bounced back by some AI program, or if it is really routed to the wrong place,
that Branchburg USPS on rt22 has always been hard to deal with. They won't take any packages from us, even if it's small. They say we have to go to Somerville. And forget about scheduling a pickup from them. Somerville says to call Branchburg, Branchburg says to call Somerville and the boxes just sit here until we bring them ourselves

Lol, are you 100 years old? It irks me that I can't set my water/sewer bill up for autopay. I only remember to pay it when they put a notice on my door handle every three months telling me they are gonna shut my water off. They probably send me bills in the mail, but who actually looks at their mail?

Lol, are you 100 years old? It irks me that I can't set my water/sewer bill up for autopay. I only remember to pay it when they put a notice on my door handle every three months telling me they are gonna shut my water off. They probably send me bills in the mail, but who actually looks at their mail?

lmfao are referencing the paper bills or the aversion to autopay? (probably not necessary anymore, but when initially when i was first living on my own i was poor AF and couldnt keep enough in the checking account to make sure the autopay wouldnt overdraw it, old habits die hard i guess. (i still keep minimal $$ in checking and the rest in a savings account since my debit card was stolen and used fraudulently)

that Branchburg USPS on rt22 has always been hard to deal with. They won't take any packages from us, even if it's small. They say we have to go to Somerville. And forget about scheduling a pickup from them. Somerville says to call Branchburg, Branchburg says to call Somerville and the boxes just sit here until we bring them ourselves

i never use their p/u service. given that they mark amazon stuff as delivered, then show up with it the next morning,
you know they are gaming the system.

must have something to do with "profitability" of p/u vs drop-off.

the neshanic side (i'm about 1/4 mile from the somerville delivery border) is now serviced out of hillsborough.
i'm not sure they care what happens over here now.

i tried to drop a priority package at that little readington po. they wouldn't take it since it was marked as coming from 08853.
i get it - they are a private shop being contracted. but really, they don't want to touch a small box because they aren't getting paid for it?
kinda hard to believe since they need to scan it in -

maybe we should start a USPS thread to parallel the DMV thread - and of course the union county freeholders....

I do like to maintain some level of control of my bills, PS&G once overcharged me for my electric and gas when I lived in Clifton, ended up not having to pay anything for almost a year. Same with At&t cell phone international services. I like to decide myself if they get a chunk of my money to play with way before they actually provide the service...

I've also had my mortgage getting 8 payments in one month, the same day, the only negotiation I managed to win was to put the extra money toward the principal instead of just make 7 monthly payments in advance like they wanted me to. Still no explanation on why that happened. I tried to look into refinancing to get out of that specific company but it's not worth it, I guess I have to wait until my mortgage is sold to the next guy.

I can't figure it out. My usual mailman seems like a reasonable guy based on other interactions I've had, so I don't think it's him. I'm wondering if "the machine" only runs standard envelopes through it? Because I get those if they're addressed to Bridgewater. It's odd things like this, or a wedding invitation that won't get to me, so I feel like it's a manual review process and some cranky person in the basement rubber stamping them. Either way, F for consistency....

BTW you can look up your address with USPS to see if it's in the system. MIne checks out with Bound Brook but doesn't return a result with Bridgewater
https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

I don't do any sort of auto-pay for my bills either, a combo of old habits from being poor when I started paying my own way + not trusting anyone to do anything correctly (kinda the theme here, myself included!). I don't get paper bills (@shrpshtr325 it's not that hard between pw managers and chrome auto-fill!) but I still want to check the numbers an have a say in whether or not my money goes.

But hey, ya gotta do what works for you!

Back
Top Bottom