NJ Backcountry Skiing Spots????

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@pygmypony those skis... what am I looking at?

so if we get some snow tomorrow will Snow Bowl still be good for a day? I was dying to get out there bit did the shoeing with Mrs

any trail tips?
It was great yesterday, moar snow can't hurt unless we get ice or wet.

Don't hike up the fire road, there's somewhat of an uphill trail cut in that's more direct.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Someone on strava was asking me if there were tracks on it yet....LOL...Im like not only are their tracks, but there are now moguls at snowbowl hahaha

So much new growth trees at snowbowl, kinda hard to get any real speed, but still it was just a really nice change of pace from riding at the tourne.

but the rocks made for some entertainment....not exactly like landing in 4' of utah powder

THATmanMANNY

thanks for the tips and reports. Looks great! More snow now!

Those trekking skis get mix reviews. Either love them or hate them sounds like but for the beginner that has no experience in snow sounds like a great option. Seeking for Mrs!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Someone on strava was asking me if there were tracks on it yet....LOL...Im like not only are their tracks, but there are now moguls at snowbowl hahaha

So much new growth trees at snowbowl, kinda hard to get any real speed, but still it was just a really nice change of pace from riding at the tourne.

but the rocks made for some entertainment....not exactly like landing in 4' of utah powder

Looks just like this:

This year's broadcast is today at 1.

pygmypony

Looks like @pygmypony has the Black Diamond Glidelites. Similar to the Altai Hoks which I have. Another option in the “ski shoe” zone is the Marquette Backcountry Ski. Do some youtube searching on those three and you’ll see how they work and the differences.
that's exactly right...i have the 147cm version...here's a dude SHREDDING on the 160s from another company called OAC Skinbased, out of Finland...they look exactly like the Black Diamonds i have, so i think they might be the same ski, just a different brand name...

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
that's exactly right...i have the 147cm version...here's a dude SHREDDING on the 160s from another company called OAC Skinbased, out of Finland...they look exactly like the Black Diamonds i have, so i think they might be the same ski, just a different brand name...

That is really impressive doing that in the standard binding. Wow.

pygmypony

That is really impressive doing that in the standard binding. Wow.
indeed. i think having 2 feet of fresh powder definitely helps! that way, you're not really relying on the boot stiffness, or the edges...just sort of floating...

that said, i'm a long way away from making turns like that, if ever!

Top Bottom