Next up, William's Lake race!

guava

Ok all you NJ racers, I've been driving down there for all the h2h races, and now it's time for you to come up to my neighborhood for one of the coolest racecourses you will see all year. The NY state series starts on june 14th at William's lake. If you haven't heard about it, ask around. The place is legendary, and oppourtunities to ride there are now extremely rare. The race is being run this year by Local Pro racer and bike shop owner Christian Favata. Who wants to come up and brave the cave?

Wife's birthday. I already scrapped one race on that day when she just gave me that look. You know, that look, right?

But this is the race of all races!!! The cave, the blast, the no passing zone and quilties canyon! :D

It better NOT rain. :getsome: I am very sick of rain. Have I just jinxed us all? Oh no!

Like Pixy Says this " is the race of all races " if you have never raced there you don't know what you are going to miss. Its to cool to pass up

Wife's birthday. I already scrapped one race on that day when she just gave me that look. You know, that look, right?

That would be just plain stupid (not stoopid in an immortal kind of pimp hand sort of way)...

I just looked into this place and if my memory is right I raced there like 15 yrs ago and I do remember it being a great place. I am also pretty sure I have a nice little scar on my left shin to prove it. I would definitely do this if you can (and if it is the same place) my kids have camp orientation that day.:(

(not stoopid in an immortal kind of pimp hand sort of way)...

Funny, the race I'm missing is the Stoopid 50 MASS marathon.

Anyway, SS-a-palooza is next up, then Highbridge is next next up, and finally William's Lake is next next next up :)

Anyway, SS-a-palooza is next up, then Highbridge is next next up, and finally William's Lake is next next next up :)

Yeah what Norm said! Williams lake is a SWEET place, with old cars and caves, looks like it was pulled out of a 1940s movie! ssap is next :getsome:

Here is the flyer..http://www.trtbicycles.com/trtbicycles_flyer.pdf

Unfortunately, since there hasn't been much riding or racing allowed there the last couple of years, it is hard to find a bunch of course pics on the web, the way we can with recent races.
All of the trails that are in the course were built over many years by mountainbikers, often for this race. This was a classic race that lasted for a decade. the trails are built in tight twists to get the most out of the features of the terrain, looking for little nooks and crannies.

Last edited:
So preliminary research on the driving distance shows it to be no further than Tymor.:hmmm: I was expecting it to be at least another hour away. Interest is sparking just bc of what everyone is saying about this place. Time will tell however.

It also conflicts with the WMBA Fat Tire Festival at Blue Mountain, but I think I'm going to head out for the Stoopid 50 and continue my endurance racing theme for the year.

Back
Top Bottom