Need some advice on Niterider lights

NJMX835

What would you guys consider to be the best 'bang for your buck' out of the following: Rage, Enduro, Firestorm or Flight?

I'm trying to figure out what the best HID light in the $300 range is, I have a friend who can get me a very good deal on Niterider lights, but I don't have a lot of cash on hand right now, so I need to start around $300.

Thanks!

J-Dro

Do yourself a huge favor and look into the LED lights. For $300 your friend should be able to get you a TriNewt from Niterider. I would be very surprised if Niterider even sells HID lights by this time next year.

NJMX835

Do yourself a huge favor and look into the LED lights. For $300 your friend should be able to get you a TriNewt from Niterider. I would be very surprised if Niterider even sells HID lights by this time next year.

Really? How come?

Not so good or just the technology moving on?

J-Dro

Really? How come?

Not so good or just the technology moving on?

Just a case of technology moving on. LED's are at the point where they put out more lumens per watt then HID's do. So the top of the line LED lights will either be brighter, burn longer, or both compared to an HID with the equivalent battery. HID bulbs also cost >$100 to replace if you break it or it burns out.

Just don't be confused by low end LED lights which are just made for tooling around the neighborhood at night. If your friend can only get Niterider, you can't go wrong with the Trinewt. Otherwise, look into the Light & Motion Seca.

Wobbegong

Considering how bright my Minewt Mini is, the Trinewt must be really bright..

I think I'm going to get a Trinewt for the bars and use the minewt on the helmet. I still cant believe how lightweight the whole Minewt mini system is, and very bright with a 3 hour burn time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
LED is a very white intense ligght and they are very good. I have a 85 lumen blackburn and it gets the job done. Check out the light and motion stellas.

THATmanMANNY

I have a light & motion vega right now for the bars it's only 85 lumens but I got it for $80 on chainlove. It's nice & small and one whole package. I will be trying them out tonight quite possibly. The only downside is it's bar mount only but I'll figure a way to get it on my helmet and get a bigger light for the bars. I'll hold off on lights as much as I can till next year probably and make do with what i got. I'll just depend on other riders lights too :D

HOLY CRAP! The trinewt is bright. That will be my next light!

NJMX835

So, I finally got my NiteRider Tri-Newt this week & took it out for it's first night ride last night at Skyline.

The first thing I noticed about the light is how fast it charges, it achieved full charge in well under an hour (I'll have to time it next time).

It claims 3.5 hours on high & 7 hours on low, so I ran it on high & could obviously use it that way for almost all of my rides.

The light comes with a bar mount & a helmet mount, I chose the helmet mount & after mucking with a couple different positions got it to shine straight out ahead of me far down the trail, but also can get it positioned right it front of me if I look down at my front tire.

Anyway, on to the important part, this thing is BRIGHT & I mean BRIGHT!

I actually made the mistake of looking directly at some poor trail runner about 1/2 mile into my ride (kind of spooked me as it was pretty much dark at this point & I didn't expect to see any humans on foot) and he practically withered in the face of my awesome amounts of candlepower :D

I've never ridden with a light that illuminates the trail like this one does, especially on tight singletrack in areas where the woods are very tight around you it gives visiblity on par with riding during the day, I really don't know what else to say beyond that.

I've never had as much of my surrondings illuminated by light as when riding with this one, I have it set to point WAY down the trail & it seems like it covers 50 yards in front of you with light & maybe 30' or more wide.

I promise I'll try to get some pics & more accurate measurements next time I go out, (my ride got cut short when I snapped my chain & had to spare links) but as far as initial impresssions, all I can say is WOW!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Dino is having a sale 449.00 for the 800L with a 4 cell. and a 400L with a 2 cell ( 4 cell for 30.00 more). 1200 lumens. Any first hand accounts?

Top Bottom