Need some advice on Niterider lights

vanseggern1

I think I'm going to get a Trinewt for the bars and use the minewt on the helmet.

I tried this Minewt/Trinewt setup for the first time this morning at Lewis Morris. I had previously used the Trinewt on my helmet, but it felt soooooooo heavy, especially at the end of the ride. I didn't even notice the weight of the Minewt and battery on my helmet because the weight is more distributed. Having the Trinewt on the bars might have been overkill, but when it comes to lighting up the woods, more is better, right?

rlb

The trinewt & minewt combo looks pretty damn bright in the mtbr shootout pics. The dinotte 600L & 200L combo looks about the same in the side by side pics. Then again you could run a 600 & 400 combo...good thing I'm not in the market right now, too many choices!

jontotman

Dinotte 1200 lumens

Dino is having a sale 449.00 for the 800L with a 4 cell. and a 400L with a 2 cell ( 4 cell for 30.00 more). 1200 lumens. Any first hand accounts?

I had this set up for almost two weeks now and used it twice on the trail, all I can say was it was really bright. All of my riding buddies told me that I don't need all those 1200 Lumens and I agree but the deal was really great that I just need to get it. Plus it was fun lighting my riding buddies path. :D

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I have the trinewt - or shall I say Had:( After blinding KenS, he felt he needed a brighter light. It was so bright he moved to Cali w/ my light. On a dark night look to the west and you will see my light - It is that bright!!:eek:

MTB Aussie

I had this set up for almost two weeks now and used it twice on the trail, all I can say was it was really bright. All of my riding buddies told me that I don't need all those 1200 Lumens and I agree but the deal was really great that I just need to get it. Plus it was fun lighting my riding buddies path. :D
I think lights are like the old saying about too rich or too thin (you never can be...) With lights you can never have too much firepower.

Top Bottom