Need a road Bike

post up your size to narrow your search...assuming you know your size???:popcorn:

I'm about 5'11" and weigh about 165. :p

Seriously, a rough idea of frame size would help narrow it down. I would keep an eye on Craigslist areas that are close to you. NYC, central Jersey and Philly all tend to have some decent bikes pop up from time to time and some nice deals can be had.

I'm about 5'11" and weigh about 165. :p

Seriously, a rough idea of frame size would help narrow it down. I would keep an eye on Craigslist areas that are close to you. NYC, central Jersey and Philly all tend to have some decent bikes pop up from time to time and some nice deals can be had.

Good deals can be had on Craigslist IF you know what size you need and you know what you're looking at. Otherwise, it can be an exercise in frustration and net you a bike that doesn't fit, is uber-uncomfortable and rides like chit. You can very easily spend more money fixing something than it's worth.

Do yourself a favor. Go see the guys at Pedal Sports, tell 'em Ben and I sent ya' and get a bike you'll actually enjoy riding.

56cm Specialized Roubaix

Bike is listed in bikes for sale area here on MTBNJ. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Nice bike and a good deal

Bike is listed in bikes for sale area here on MTBNJ. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Nice bike and a good deal for sure for an almost new bike but OP was asking for a "GREAT" deal.

OP - I'd highly suggest you test ride anything before you buy. That being said CL as well as ebay and other online sources can be a good way to find what you are looking for. It's peak cycling season, esp with Americans doing well in the Tour De France so used bikes are selling for more than they would in the off season.

I'd suggest start looking at 56cm bikes but strongly suggest you try 57-58 as well to see if you like the fit better. I am 5'11"ish as well and about 175 but hoping to get down to 165 and I'm riding a 2001 Fuji Roubaix in 56cm that I am borrowing from a friend. It has full 105, aluminum frame with a Carbon fork and would probably sell on CL for somewhere between 600-800 if I had to take a guess. Great deal would be $500 or so from what I've been seeing.

Hope this helps.

Also road bike and "great" deal can mean many things. A $5000 carbon bike for $2000? Or a steel frame 27" wheel bike from the 80's? Or something in between?

If you're looking for some old POS, I find that Hudson Valley Craig's List is a good place to look under the free section and also bikes section. People seem to give stuff away there more readily than around here, or for like $20. It's a bit of a trek up there, but come on, it's free or close to it.

Back
Top Bottom