MTBNJ Group Ride Series #2 - Mahlon Dickerson Reservation 5/26

Confirmed off Monday, so definitely in for this one. Hope the parking lot is big enough!

Bard loves Logan's!
I just confirmed I'll be away camping this weekend. Bummed to miss a big group ride, my favorite!
But it goes in line with me never riding bikes with Norm.

By last count, there will be at least 31 riders. Besides an AWEsome turnout for a great ride, and holiday, I'm guessing we'll be splitting off in groups or at least stagger the start time?
Looking forward to it.

Mark

By last count, there will be at least 31 riders. Besides an AWEsome turnout for a great ride, and holiday, I'm guessing we'll be splitting off in groups or at least stagger the start time?
Looking forward to it.

Mark

Yeah it looks like we will break into two groups like we did at Blue Mtn a few weeks ago. Thanks for doing the math for me!

I'll be joining with board member Albertus.

If anyone wants to carpool from the Bayshore area, let me know. I'll be leaving Middletown ~6:15 am, and meeting Al at the Cheesequake Rest Area ~6:30.

I can carry 5 bikes and passengers.

Was gonna make my 2014 debut AND give 26r his stupid skis, but alas I'm still bikeless:cry:

Y'all know a group ride won't be the same w/o me leading it, don't you :D Eh, even if I was there all I could do is sit on the sofa anyway (been off the bike for 6 weeks--f'in back!)

Anyway, as far as routes, on the Wiki there are a couple routes from Hooligan rides (some of which were 5 (!!!) years ago). I think they all started from the Picnic area, as I recall...which is a better place to start IMO. I think the longest route up there was the ride we almost had to call an ambulance for somebody...so maybe avoid that for a social ride :)

I'll dig around to see if I have a GPS route for what Brad first described--seems very similar to the first group ride we lead at Mahlon years ago.

Y'all know a group ride won't be the same w/o me leading it, don't you :D Eh, even if I was there all I could do is sit on the sofa anyway (been off the bike for 6 weeks--f'in back!)

Anyway, as far as routes, on the Wiki there are a couple routes from Hooligan rides (some of which were 5 (!!!) years ago). I think they all started from the Picnic area, as I recall...which is a better place to start IMO. I think the longest route up there was the ride we almost had to call an ambulance for somebody...so maybe avoid that for a social ride :)

I'll dig around to see if I have a GPS route for what Brad first described--seems very similar to the first group ride we lead at Mahlon years ago.

Tim! I sent you a text today. Can you try to find a gps file that:
-Starts at Saffin and goes up the rail trail to Blue
-Then Three Stone
-White to the top of Cascade
-down Cascade and back up white towards the Picnic area
-down the wall and Stone Gate back to Saffin

Back
Top Bottom