mtbnj cars, coffee, cookies, donuts and cruise

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the McLaren Senna we drove into the parking lot with? Yeah, that's $1M.

20190609_100853.jpg

@M3Tim I'm sorry we lost you somewhere. I'm thinking it was getting onto the NJGSP? I had no idea the show was the big; I figured we would meet back up there for the cruise. I hope you still enjoyed the car show and Larry wasn't too upset!

@rick81721 glad we finally got out together. Bill and I took it easy on you today as there was a good amount of traffic out. Still a great drive and could not have asked for better weather!

Paramus>502>9W>Bear>6>17>17A>Greenwood Lake>210>511>15>80>206 was the approximate loop if you wanted to take a look on a map.

Last edited:

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Great day even though we lost you guys! After that cop went by, we thought for sure one of us was getting nailed. We slowed down just enough to miss the exit where you got off for the show. We wound up in the same lot as you guys just a few spots over. Obviously our FRS was not working.:(

I can't believe the number of high dollar machines at that show. When you start saying "Oh it's just another orange McLaren" you know there are some serious cars there. Saw at least two Veyrons also. You guys were gone by the time we left. It's all good because I don't think Larry was up to chasing the newer hardware all day.:p When we were following Rick, Larry said "I can't even hear my own engine and it's right behind my back!" That thing sounds amazing. Ended the day with lunch and an IPA at Industrial Arts, good times.

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great day even though we lost you guys! After that cop went by, we thought for sure one of us was getting nailed. We slowed down just enough to miss the exit where you got off for the show. We wound up in the same lot as you guys just a few spots over. Obviously our FRS was not working.:(

I can't believe the number of high dollar machines at that show. When you start saying "Oh it's just another orange McLaren" you know there are some serious cars there. Saw at least two Veyrons also. You guys were gone by the time we left. It's all good because I don't think Larry was up to chasing the newer hardware all day.:p When we were following Rick, Larry said "I can't even hear my own engine and it's right behind my back!" That thing sounds amazing. Ended the day with lunch and an IPA at Industrial Arts, good times.

We jumped behind the marked car after he went by. He blazed a hole for us for a little bit!

rick81721

Lothar

Ha Dave dropped the hammer a few times on the cruise. I saw 96 catching those guys pulling onto 15 (?)

mfennell

Was that the show sponsored by a Porsche dealer? They invited my friend to bring his 512BB. "Why not the Carrera GT?" "Oh, they have a ton of those already." :)

rick81721

Lothar
Was that the show sponsored by a Porsche dealer? They invited my friend to bring his 512BB. "Why not the Carrera GT?" "Oh, they have a ton of those already." :)

Don't know who sponsored but there were tents from various clubs.

Several guys were flying drones to take pics/video. I'd be afraid of crashing one into a $300K+ car

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Don't know who sponsored but there were tents from various clubs.

Several guys were flying drones to take pics/video. I'd be afraid of crashing one into a $300K+ car

they were probably flying the illegally too, so insurance might be a problem!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's age have to do with it? Your boat on the twisties!

ha you wish, iv had pro level drivers behind the wheel who told me it was actually quite nimble and defied their preconceptions!

its also not a whole lot bigger than your mustang . . . . 9 inches in wheelbase and length is the largest difference . . . . (it doesnt make that much of a difference in the twisties)

gt 350: challenger r/t
Wheelbase : in107.1 116
Length, Overall : in188.9 198
Width, Max w/o mirrors : in75.9 76
Height, Overall : in54.2 56
Track Width, Front : in63.3 63.4
Track Width, Rear : in63.7 63.8
weight 3660 3830

rick81721

Lothar
ha you wish, iv had pro level drivers behind the wheel who told me it was actually quite nimble and defied their preconceptions!

its also not a whole lot bigger than your mustang . . . . 9 inches in wheelbase and length is the largest difference . . . . (it doesnt make that much of a difference in the twisties)

weight 3660 3830

1554938421.gif

rick81721

Lothar

weight 3660 3830

Seriously - typical engineer to list a bunch of meaningless data. How about these: challenger with driver is 200 lbs heavier, has a 100+ HP disadvantage, inferior brakes, inferior suspension and inferior tires. Think those make more of a difference than length and width??

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you are a typical ford fanboy, anyone who doesnt think that ford is the best thing ever is wrong and you go straight to bashing. boat was YOUR term, typically used to refer to a large car with cushy suspension which is hard if not impossible to actually drive.

just pointing out the basic facts, yes there is a hp and weight difference (i listed weight, figured HP was a well enough known), and that will certainly have an effect, but the limits are still high enough that you would need to be on a track to see the differences not on dirty, poorly maintained public roads like we have in the NE(unless you are a wreckless fool).

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
you are a typical ford fanboy, anyone who doesnt think that ford is the best thing ever is wrong and you go straight to bashing. boat was YOUR term, typically used to refer to a large car with cushy suspension which is hard if not impossible to actually drive.

just pointing out the basic facts, yes there is a hp and weight difference (i listed weight, figured HP was a well enough known), and that will certainly have an effect, but the limits are still high enough that you would need to be on a track to see the differences not on dirty, poorly maintained public roads like we have in the NE(unless you are a wreckless fool).

Wow really hit a nerve - lighten up Francis. Fanboy? Just the facts - the GT350 was designed and engineered to be a track monster, the challenger- not. Lots of cars will beat it 0-60 or 1/4 mile.

Top Bottom