Mt Washington Hill Climb

Hey Ben! Glad to have you on the board. I know this is somphmoric, but the second picture would be perfect with a bumber sticker on your rear that read "this ass climber mt. washington".

ok, it's official, he'll never be back.

You should give it at least 2 posts before you admit to looking at his ass.

In edit: wow, fingers not fast enough I guess.

Last edited:
i wonder how many people have done it on a fixed gear.... anyone know? i'm sure it's been done. hell, they even have a fixed gear class at races like furnace creek.

Climbing Mt Washington on a fixed gear is almost a moot point since you hardly ever shift anyway. I think I used 2, maybe three different gears over the entire course. A fixie would be lighter too.

I'm just glad you all were not talking about guys' asses on the Allaire ride a few weeks ago. I can hear the banjo music already.

....Kris (the guy on the ti hardtail with gears and a suspension fork)

I've thought about this myself

i wonder how many people have done it on a fixed gear.... anyone know? i'm sure it's been done. hell, they even have a fixed gear class at races like furnace creek.
Yep, I'm sure it's been done. As Kris notes, you don't use too many gears on this climb, and a well-chosen fixed gear would be fine. The only downside would be spinning your brains out on the flat road for the first couple hundred yards. Once you hit the pitch, you're good to go.

A key element of a climb like this is that your legs are always under significant tension from the grade; "soft-pedaling" is only possible if you have a ridiculously easy gear.

I am miffed that you jumped right into the Mount Washington Hill Climb thread without introducing yourself first. What kind of impersonal message board do you take this for?

Sorry...Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ben. I enjoy Bikn. :D

Jdog introduced me to the board. I've recently ridden with Armyof1.

Back
Top Bottom