Mountain Creek SOLD

bring back poor snow making and crappy management too. More so than interwest the only thing they care about is selling condos... They could give a rats @$$ about the quality of the skiing/boarding/biking. They just need it there to sell real estate...

The whole valley is gonna be a bankrupt ghost town and go back to the locals only playground it used to be. I can't fricken wait to go snowboarding again!!:D

I think an entire thread could be dedicated to Action Park horroe stories. Like the photos of what happened to alpine slide victims hanging in the ticket office.

aw man! I went out with a girl whos older sister was dating Eugenes son... we all lived on the slopes and had unlimited access to the park back in the late 80's what a trip that place was. I was king of the expert track on the Alpine Slide.... loved watching the inner city morons doin the " Amazing Skinless Back and Torso Man" on there thinking they were the hotness in front of their womens....... BWAAAAHAAA!!!

Last edited:
**sigh** - "rights to develop 1500 more condos" - a shaky proposition given the history of condos associated with mountain creek and the current market. none of that is my affair but anyone know where he has rights to build the 1500 condos?

Apparently Intrawest is still in a bit of a bind with cash.http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2010/05/mountain_creek_resort_sold_to.html. Sold last week to the original owner. He was talking a couple of years ago of enclosing the whole gorge that surrounds the old Playboy hotel and making a water park. Don't know the future of Diablo, he says he has rights to develop 1500 more condos.

IIWII

Last edited:
I highly doubt this will affect Diablo in any way, outside of them changing the leasing cost or outright suspending their lease for no reason.

The Alpine Slide will never return. The world is a different place even from 15 years ago when I was a season pass holder. Back then, you wipe out on that sucker and learn a life lesson about trying to show off. Nowadays, our culture has shifted to dollar signs, and every crash would be another lawsuit in the works. Also, Mountain Creek and Diablo have so severely modified the terrain it once occupied, it would never make financial sense to rebuild the thing.

It's also not like they can take any Diablo property and build condos. Remember, the freeride park cris-crosses active ski trails, and I doubt they would eliminate half the mountain on a risky venture.

The only hope is that they continue to build on what South has been turned into, a high-quality terrain park with a draw all it's own. South Peak under Great Gorge's management was a complete dud, barely worth venturing over to.

Only time will tell.

P.S. I agree that it would be awesome to go back to the Action Park days, but there is no chance they'll go back and make all the current shit dangerous again for nostalgia's sake.

What poor soul views Mtn Creek as a destination resort worth of condos? The skiing pretty much sucks though it does offer a terrain park close to NYC. Wanting a condo there? The downhill mtb is really good but it's not the type of business that sells condos. The whole history of this place is one of over investment and failure.

Back
Top Bottom