Marty's Iron Gate Endurance Race - Stephens State Park 10/2!!!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actual real question. Is there a paved lot nearby to park in? I usually park in front of the gate or next to the bridge but those will definitely be taken. Quick Check and ride over maybe?
You’re not lower than the GTI!

Sven Migot

Though I’ve only been riding Stephens for the last 11 years I could not for the life of me follow this loop tonight. The routing was spot on until 1/2 mile or so past Gravity. My Garmin 745 could not differentiate between trail intersections and just sharp twists and turn on single-track sections. The tornado like deluge probably didn’t help too much.
I get lost there every time

ryderX

Actual real question. Is there a paved lot nearby to park in? I usually park in front of the gate or next to the bridge but those will definitely be taken. Quick Check and ride over maybe?
Waterloo Village parking lot is relatively close and there is a HI express near the end of Old Waterloo rd

Course trimming in progress! I was out for a couple more hours this morning to take care of a few trouble spots. The course is a little clearer up towards the station rd lot. Get out there and burn some laps in!

View attachment 164916View attachment 164914View attachment 164915
I should also add that even with a layer of deet I probably have malaria now. Skeeters we’re rough. But again I was a sweaty slow moving meat pop for them.
Great job - last night's storms and todays heat , it may look like the "before" pic by supper. Still looks good though.

xc62701

50 mile mtb race? What? lol. Is that like 10 hours of riding?
For the winners probably 5 hours. For mortals longer 😉 We will have a cutoff late in the day. If you don’t start by a certain time. It’s only a 37.5 mile race.

Just an FYI - Archery season begins statewide on that day and although early season has already begun a few weeks prior , the opportunity to encounter more people in the woods will be greater.

1628785986208.png

iman29

Just an FYI - Archery season begins statewide on that day and although early season has already begun a few weeks prior , the opportunity to encounter more people in the woods will be greater.

View attachment 164962

great/ will be my first time doing an event there and this increases my chances of getting hit. but depending on how I am feeling during the ride I may beg one of them to put an arrow through me and end the misery so I can DNF with style.

great/ will be my first time doing an event there and this increases my chances of getting hit. but depending on how I am feeling during the ride I may beg one of them to put an arrow through me and end the misery so I can DNF with style.
You won't get hit.... the likely result is ruining someone else's opening day with all the traffic on the mountain

Top Bottom