Marty's Iron Gate Endurance Race - Stephens State Park 10/2!!!

i mean, i know where to get it, but thats more work than letting strava/garmin sync it over wirelessly, who wants to do that manually?
you do realize that your Garmin will sync to GarminConnect, right?

We're gettin off topic here, but all I did was redraw on rwgps the route based on Ryan's Strava track, because the GPS track never really follows the trails, and I wanted to have a legit gpx file. I finished like 5 minutes before Ryan posted his rwgps route above. where you upload the gpx to after grabbing from rwgps really doesn't matter, unless you want the route on your garmin head unit, then you might as well load it to garminconnect.

1628611681388.png

i took the gpx from rwgps and put it into strava as a route, easiest way to get that thing to the garmin is through strava bc who still has garmin software on their computer?
If you had a Wahoo, you can sync Strava routes to it through the app. Time for an upgrade.

If you had a Wahoo, you can sync Strava routes to it through the app. Time for an upgrade.

garmin syncs starred strava routes automatically (as long as your accounts are linked), WAHOO doesnt seem like an upgrade to me . . . .

garmin syncs starred strava routes automatically (as long as your accounts are linked), WAHOO doesnt seem like an upgrade to me . . . .

Wahoo has had that forever....
and it doesn't need the app to do it.
at least it did last year, when i used to ride! (or was that two years ago?)

Wahoo has had that forever....
and it doesn't need the app to do it.
at least it did last year, when i used to ride! (or was that two years ago?)

so has garmin, if you have wireless sync turned on (wifi or bluetooth) it syncs over the next time it runs.

and strava

Course trimming in progress! I was out for a couple more hours this morning to take care of a few trouble spots. The course is a little clearer up towards the station rd lot. Get out there and burn some laps in!

960B2BE0-77D1-4283-884A-CACE8F05C1FB.jpeg
68AD5302-79C1-48A8-B19B-8B0571FCAC50.jpeg
371CF74A-1899-42E1-BD42-8DB59346B7D3.jpeg

I should also add that even with a layer of deet I probably have malaria now. Skeeters we’re rough. But again I was a sweaty slow moving meat pop for them.

Last edited:
Course trimming in progress! I was out for a couple more hours this morning to take care of a few trouble spots. The course is a little clearer up towards the station rd lot. Get out there and burn some laps in!

View attachment 164916View attachment 164914View attachment 164915
I should also add that even with a layer of deet I probably have malaria now. Skeeters we’re rough. But again I was a sweaty slow moving meat pop for them.
Let's see you only picked the hottest most humid day of the year lol.

Looks awesome!!

Ask and ye shall receive View attachment 164854
Though I’ve only been riding Stephens for the last 11 years I could not for the life of me follow this loop tonight. The routing was spot on until 1/2 mile or so past Gravity. My Garmin 745 could not differentiate between trail intersections and just sharp twists and turn on single-track sections. The tornado like deluge probably didn’t help too much.

Though I’ve only been riding Stephens for the last 11 years I could not for the life of me follow this loop tonight. The routing was spot on until 1/2 mile or so past Gravity. My Garmin 745 could not differentiate between trail intersections and just sharp twists and turn on single-track sections. The tornado like deluge probably didn’t help too much.
Come by Sunday for a personal tour. 10 am iron gate.

Actual real question. Is there a paved lot nearby to park in? I usually park in front of the gate or next to the bridge but those will definitely be taken. Quick Check and ride over maybe?

Back
Top Bottom