Mahlon Dickerson: The Wall

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Big news in Mahlon Dickerson Reservation. Dates are to be announced, but we have been given the official go-ahead and final approval on the singletrack reroute of The Wall!! This is exciting news for myself, shaggz and sparta brad. I know we promised improvements and it's been a long time coming, but the red tape has finally been put behind us(for the most part anyway).

We still need to figure out the dates for this, and when we do, we will post everything up here. Thank you everyone for your patience, and we hope to see you out there! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

walter

Fourth Party
Great work guys!!! Keep us posted, I like that place a bunch and would be willing to help out.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great news. That's the way the keep at it. Can't wait, another reason to get back up there one day.

Wazu

Way to go! People like us wouldn't have bad ass trails without people like you. It's appreciated~

J-Dro

Nice job! For those of us who only have a basic knowledge of M-D, can you describe where the Wall is located in the park? Is it one of the marked trails?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if you park at saffins pond, and ride downhill on the railbed. youll come to a very small, old, paved dam. cross that, take a left. there you'll come to a long climb either on a very rocky/technical doubletrack, or a very fun singletrack with 'slickrock' features. at the top you'll go left at the T intersection. down the hill, through a little technical singletrack section, then you'll come to this super steep, heavily eroded section of trail of which i've heard of only a handful of people riding succesfully up in the past few years. even back before it was so badly eroded it was extremely difficult to climb.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The top of this climb is where the Highlands Trail crosses. The Highland Trail is the one (or one of the ones) with the views or Lake Hopatcong.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm, did we ride this that day? Didn't we come down it?

Yeah, we regrouped at the top of it after the 2 groups went different ways. That was when I was bleeding from my shin. We then went down it from there.

walter

Fourth Party
Yeah, we regrouped at the top of it after the 2 groups went different ways. That was when I was bleeding from my shin. We then went down it from there.

I thought so, this is where Shaggz did his human pogo stick routine.

Sean, Brad and Shaggz, this is what you guys have had flagged out for a while now, correct?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Glad to see you got approval, the re-route plans you showed us seemed like a metric shitton of work. Post the dates well in advance and hopefully some of us flatlanders can show.

SpartaBard

I will try to post up a map, but am running over to Deer Park now, and my stupid file size is too big. Check back for it later.

Top Bottom