Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

Thanks for the trail update. Hopefully I'll get out there this weekend. I called the MCPP about 3 weeks ago when I saw 4 dirt bikes heading out from the pond.

Anrothrars should be clear up to the swamp crossing, haven't got that far yet.

Did they clear out that big'en between stonegate and the kiosk up top? It was on the fireroad

Anrothrars should be clear up to the swamp crossing, haven't got that far yet.

Did they clear out that big'en between stonegate and the kiosk up top? It was on the fireroad

The Alley looked clear from the trail head at the end of Cascade, but I figured the second stretch of it (after the rock garden with the BIG rocks, but before the connection with Pine Swamp where there's a long rock garden with smaller rocks) would be wet, so I headed north across the skinny bridge toward Teal instead.

As for the trees, yep, all clear.

Rode this morning. Trails are good. Everything seems open. Again, huge thanks to whoever brought this thing home over the last month - couple of the lingering trouble spots had a load of work done. Going to be a great summer.

Just about perfect today. Very dry and almost everything cleared from Sandy (Anrothar's looked like a big tree with many branches fell over the trail after someone went through with a chainsaw). Kudos to whoever cleared the Cascade trail - looked like a complete disaster. Also kudos to the person that built a scary off camber log-over using an existing boulder on that great portion of single track on the Saffin Pond parking lot side.

Haven't been in here since winter and it was almost unhikable then. Wow what a difference. Big thanks to all the people responsible for clearing the down trees. I didn't think this place would be rideable until the summer.

Does anyone know who or why the trees are marked with an orange S and blue dots on the WMA side? They are located off of the new trail nearest to the power lines.

Theres a couple of blow downs on that newer section towards the end. Also one on the downhill section before the railbed and one more on the other side before the foundation.

The only one in Mahlon is at the beginning of Ghost off of the Highlands but there may be a go-round I missed.

Does anyone know who or why the trees are marked with an orange S and blue dots on the WMA side? They are located off of the new trail nearest to the power lines.

Theres a couple of blow downs on that newer section towards the end. Also one on the downhill section before the railbed and one more on the other side before the foundation.

The only one in Mahlon is at the beginning of Ghost off of the Highlands but there may be a go-round I missed.

They will be doing some logging and prescribed burns in there. I will send you the project plan if I remember in the morning.

Even though all the rocks were wet n' slippery, the trails themselves were firm and fine to ride on Sunday. Usual wet spots were muddy, but nothing out of the ordinary. Was a little surprised at how well everything was drained. Good stuff.;)

Anyone ride the WMA side lately?

Curious how the trail is on the WMA section on the other side of the old railbed. Anyone ride it lately? Last time I tried it in March most was still impassable from Sandy damage. Thanks.

If you mean the downhill from the power lines down to saffin lot, then it is in bad shape. I rode it last week and it had at three trees with many branches down across the trail.

If you mean the downhill from the power lines down to saffin lot, then it is in bad shape. I rode it last week and it had at three trees with many branches down across the trail.

This is accurate, but it is rideable. There is one big tree down before the second power line (might have a go around, can't recall), one on the narrow singletrack after the second power line, and a mess on that last little techy down just before the rail bed. I don't mind riding it but does need some love. Bad for strava times on that section though! ;)

Thanx guys, I've been slacking but I'll clear that out sometime this week.

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you want some TM help. I'll clear what I can the next time I head through there.

Be careful, there is a ton of loose litter down. Trails are rideable.
Cleared a small blowdown on Orange coming from the rail trail, a bigger blowdown just before the next intersection will probably need a chainsaw. Walked around.
Oh, saw another big down on the Ogden rail trail just past that first main intersection, if anyone plans to do some gravel grinding. Can probably get over it.
Did a half-assed hand saw job on the short singletrack section of white over there.
Cascade, the Wall, Stonegate, all ok except for the small crud. Hard and dry too.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions