Mahlon 10/21 Sat

S

Stan LeCupp

Guest
Riding Mahlon tomorrow if anyone want's to join. 11:00am Saffins pond parking lot. Moderate pace
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
damn, i was just asking steve about mahlon. i really want to ride there again but 11:00 is just way too late. wouldn't want to make it 10:00 would ya?? :D
 

J-Dro

Well-Known Member
I've been meaning to get up to Mahlon for a tour all summer. Mind if I tag along?

How does it drain? We got buckets last night here in central jersey.
 
S

Stan LeCupp

Guest
Jake- Sorry but I can't make it any eairler and there are a few others already showing at 11am

Jeff- We had a fair amount of rain today too. Luckly Mahlon drains fairly well. If you can make it , we would be happy to have you come along. I'm in a white Toyota with black bike on the back.
 

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would love to join but I need to work it out with the other half. I'll wait until she has her beer tonight. For reference, can someone give me directions to Saffin Pond. I assume 287 north, 80 west, 15 north, then...?

Norm
 
S

Stan LeCupp

Guest
Norm- On 15 north, pass pathmark on left. Look on right for Weldon Rd exit. (two exits close together Weldon Rd is the 2nd one). Bear right off Weldon Rd Exit. Keep going up Weldon Rd. Pass Saffin ROCK and keep going next parking lot on right is Saffin pond parking lot. Hope to see you there.
 

J-Dro

Well-Known Member
Stan, sounds good, I'll look for you around 11... Acura SUV & I think I have the same black bike.:cool:
 

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stan,

Sorry, I got the blank stare when I mentioned starting at 11:00. So I'll be either heading to Allamuchy or Round Valley on the early side, 7-8 or so. Maybe next time.

Norm
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
Stan,

Sorry, I got the blank stare when I mentioned starting at 11:00. So I'll be either heading to Allamuchy or Round Valley on the early side, 7-8 or so. Maybe next time.

Norm

norm, i'm 15 minutes from the mooch and would love to ride there more. if you're going to do this early am thing a lot, let me know. i'm not as much an anchor on the trail as i used to be.

but, the real reason for this post: it's freakin' 36* out right now. clearly you're insane. :D
 
S

Stan LeCupp

Guest
normZurawski said:
Stan,

Sorry, I got the blank stare when I mentioned starting at 11:00. So I'll be either heading to Allamuchy or Round Valley on the early side, 7-8 or so. Maybe next time.

Norm

Too Bad Norm maybe next time.
 

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bonefishjake said:
norm, i'm 15 minutes from the mooch and would love to ride there more. if you're going to do this early am thing a lot, let me know. i'm not as much an anchor on the trail as i used to be.

but, the real reason for this post: it's freakin' 36* out right now. clearly you're insane. :D

Jake - sounds good. I'll try to shoot for Allamuchy next weekend. We can work out the details this week. Just so you know, I don't know that park at all, so we'll have to bring a map or someone who does. But at those times of the day, leaders are hard to come by.

BTW, it's not so cold once you get going!
 

ytc100

New Member
Good ride today fellas. Nice crisp day. Been awhile since I was at Mahlon, and met someone new as well.
 

J-Dro

Well-Known Member
Thanks for the great tour guys on my virgin trip to Mahlon. Good ride, good company. And a Hacker Pschor Oktoberfest when I got home :D
 

Mike679

Active Member
normZurawski said:
Jake - sounds good. I'll try to shoot for Allamuchy next weekend. We can work out the details this week. Just so you know, I don't know that park at all, so we'll have to bring a map or someone who does. But at those times of the day, leaders are hard to come by.

BTW, it's not so cold once you get going!

Norm:

I'm always good for early morning weekend rides (depending on my daughter's soccer schedule), and have an expanding familiarity w/ Allamuchy, though I'm sure others on the board know it far better than I do, but I can string together some decent loops from either side.

Anyway, keep posting early morning rides and hopefully I can meet up with you guys at some point. I was actually going to get out this morning to Allamuchy, but the wife was up all night puking her brains out with the stomach virus that has been going around our house, so it wouldn't have gone over too well to leave her w/ the three kids this morning.

Mike
 
Top