Lumpy/Bumpy

herbn

did i find it?

i was just back at allemuchy for the first time in about 2 years, heard there was a new trail or two. I found a trail marked with faded pink ribbons,sort of orangey, it has a rock berm, and an actual dirt berm. I think the highlight might be a series of switchback type turns that are mostly on rocky ledges. Is this enough of a description? When i ride solo i seem to have a knack for finding new trails, last year i found rather extensive new unmarked trails at mahlon and waywayonda. I'm gonna have to put a couple more sundays into allemuchy, very cool riding.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I've never been on this trail but are these technical features contained? I've noticed on other trails in the Mooch that people will do anything to take the easy way around rock gardens. Parts of the yellow trail are literally 20 feet wide. Very easy log hops have trails going around them. This is Allumuchy no less - if you can't clear a log you shouldn't be riding here. I'm just asking because I've seen many a great piece of singletrack transformed into "wide" singletrack.

A lot of these wide areas in Allamuchy have been created by the ATV folks. :mad:

bystickel

Old thread, but i just got out and found Lumpy Bumpy on Sunday while up on a visit to see family.

(Hardtail 29er, 110mm fork. Good technical skills and balance/ substandard fitness. Ridden from East to West +)

This is an incredible trail. It does a great job taking advantage of what's up there. Kudos to the folks who designed it.

To those who don't like it and want it changed: just think what it'd be like if someone else changed your favorite trail...

Anyway, I started in, got to the top and the overlook, messed up, did the switchback and the uphill lunge and ended up right back at the beginning without realizing it. "Wow, the end looks a lot like the beginning", I thought. The good thing was that I got to do it again and figured out my mistake. I went out on the white, red, and then Highlands. I cannot wait to get back and explore everything that's out there. It's incredible terrain.

HeavyMetaLance

I've only ever ridden Lumpy Bumpy twice, but I love it!

There were two parts that I was totally unable to ride. I'm gonna keep going back until I can clean the whole thing.
One was coming down the big flat rock on the top. That one is difficult if you ride it straight down because of the hard left turn at the bottom. So, I took the easier line down the left of the rock.
I know that the straight line is ride-able. It just takes a lot of nerve to do it...

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
That is a pretty tough line to commit to if you're unfamiliar with LB... What's the other spot?.. for me it's the left hand turn staircase rocks that mess with my head, if it was a right hand turn it would be no problemo. also at the bottom there is a hairpin around a large rock that I can never seem to get... I end up on the far left into the woods.
This is such a cool feature in the park, the end puts you almost at the beggining so you can just keep hitting it and hitting it if you like.

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
Ah yes.. .right after the staircase. I ate crap on that spot on my second pass through that chute and hit the rock on the right hand side and slid right to the bottom on my arm... chopped meat.
I found that the more speed you can get through LB the faster the tricky stuff is behind you... as with most techy stuff.
Keep at it man!

HeavyMetaLance

lol... That part about chopped meat probably won't help my trepidation next time I approach that same part.
I'll get it though. Some day.

pxs231

I like to aim for the crack so that both of my tires fit in there. Then you don't have to worry about your tire wanting to slide into the crack and wiping you out or having to deal with the steep approach angle.

roc

I get to the very edge, then chicken out...

Sometimes "chickening out" lets you ride the next day!:)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions