Lebanon 52

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,

Califon is one, I think there's an A&E or something like that on rte 513. On the way back at the bottom of Hickory Run you can make a left and be there quick. Otherwise you go through Glen Gardner, and that's pretty much it AFAIR.

Cheers,

Maurice

Thanks Maurice. I'd like one water re-up since we'll probably be out for close to 4 hours with that many people. 2 bottles just doesn't cut it for that long. If we need to hit Califon then do the next 40 on 2 bottles no big deal.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Hopefully my parts come in and I can get the Allez up in time.This is sounding pretty fun.

D

DANSPANK

negative. See my post above re: camping with Dad. Next Saturday is a go as near as I can tell from today. See you then?

DOH! sorry, I did see your camping reference - honest!

Depending on the final day choice for the Lebanon 52, I might see you next Saturday then. Thanks for the offer.

DOH! sorry, I did see your camping reference - honest!

Depending on the final day choice for the Lebanon 52, I might see you next Saturday then. Thanks for the offer.

well, the camping trip is off for now due to unforseen circumstances. But still not riding on Sunday. We're riding tomorrow 40+ but not sure what time, running at Chimney Rock Sunday.

I'll be riding the hilly loop next Saturday. Meet you at RVCC at 9 am if you want to meet up. PM me if you need details. Have fun if you ride this weekend!

Mk1Racer

I'm out, going camping with Dad this weekend, his first time sleeping in a tent in about, oh, 40 years. I think he will need the moral support :D

Splitting the group into two might not be a bad idea. Dan and anyone else looking for more mellow climbing, Ron and I ride 35-40 miles of rolling hills in the area of Readington-Whitehouse-Lebanon-Chester. The route varies on our whim. If you want to join us for Saturday mornings, PM me and I will give you directions to meet up. We try to be out of the house by 9 am, and RVCC is a good meet up point. Its around the corner from the casa and across the street from Cryan's, where an excellent pub lunch can be had at the end of the ride.

My average for the past 4 times we rode has been 15.9 mph, pretty comfortable pace that anyone can manage.

I'd love to do this ride w/ you guys, just that I work on Saturdays. Any chance of doing this on a Sun. AM? Also, do you have it up on Routeslip.com?

I'd love to do this ride w/ you guys, just that I work on Saturdays. Any chance of doing this on a Sun. AM? Also, do you have it up on Routeslip.com?

Sunday is possible for next week. I'll keep you posted. I don't have it on Routeslip, sorry. If I get a chance to map it for you I'll post it up in a new thread.

ArmyOfNone

8 may or may not be a push for me. Ill be working till 7 (as always) and then will shoot up. We decide on a start location? That will help in determining when i should be there.

An 815-830 start may be more reasonable.

Thanks! This really should painfully fun

Hey, I looked at the ride you guys did on Sat. You went right by my house (twice!). Here's the ride a friend of mine and I did on Wed.

http://www.routeslip.com/routes/51429

Seems like we're riding a lot of the same roads. Would love to get together w/ a group and ride out there. I know I'm not ready for the Lebanon 52, but I'm holding my own on easier routes.

This is my normal 1 1/2 hour ride after work.

http://www.routeslip.com/routes/49741

Here is the RouteSlip map for the ride through Readington/Whitehouse: http://www.routeslip.com/routes/52429.

There are a few optional extensions for this ride. One extension takes Oldwick Road/CR 517 up to the junction with Fairmont Road and follows Fairmont/Potterstown Rd. across 206 to Main Street in Peapack. Then follow Main Street/Peapack Rd. down to jct. with 202, hang a left and then make right onto Liberty Corner Road, turn right onto Schley Mtn. Road, follow until it turns into 206, then jump off 206 back onto Burnt Mills road and back to RVCC. It's not as tricky as it sounds.

The second extension we are going to try follows CR 517 up to 24/Schooley's Mountain Road (I think this is part of the Lebanon 52) and out into Pittstown. This is a Wait for Cooler Weather ride, though. I need the time over the summer to get the legs ready.

What time do you get off work on Saturday, we can try #52429 if you like. Sunday I've committed myself to another athletic endeavor which involves me slogging over rocky hill and dale, trying not to break my ankles while I wipe sweat from my eyes and suck wind for an hour (IOW, trail running :D).

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8 may or may not be a push for me. Ill be working till 7 (as always) and then will shoot up. We decide on a start location? That will help in determining when i should be there.

An 815-830 start may be more reasonable.

Thanks! This really should painfully fun

Well assume it will be in Lebanon. That's all you really need in terms of figuring out how long it takes to get there. No more than 5 minutes from the exit off 78.

The ride is probably going to take 3.5-4 hours, then the hour total driving back and forth so I can't start this too late.

Mk1Racer

Here is the RouteSlip map for the ride through Readington/Whitehouse: http://www.routeslip.com/routes/52429.

There are a few optional extensions for this ride. One extension takes Oldwick Road/CR 517 up to the junction with Fairmont Road and follows Fairmont/Potterstown Rd. across 206 to Main Street in Peapack. Then follow Main Street/Peapack Rd. down to jct. with 202, hang a left and then make right onto Liberty Corner Road, turn right onto Schley Mtn. Road, follow until it turns into 206, then jump off 206 back onto Burnt Mills road and back to RVCC. It's not as tricky as it sounds.

The second extension we are going to try follows CR 517 up to 24/Schooley's Mountain Road (I think this is part of the Lebanon 52) and out into Pittstown. This is a Wait for Cooler Weather ride, though. I need the time over the summer to get the legs ready.

What time do you get off work on Saturday, we can try #52429 if you like. Sunday I've committed myself to another athletic endeavor which involves me slogging over rocky hill and dale, trying not to break my ankles while I wipe sweat from my eyes and suck wind for an hour (IOW, trail running :D).

I get out of work at 5. I work in Chatham. It's probably 45 min. from work to RVCC. If it's a go, I'll take my bike to work and meet you at the college when I get out. 40 miles is probably a stretch after work, but 30 is certainly doable.

ArmyOfNone

Well assume it will be in Lebanon. That's all you really need in terms of figuring out how long it takes to get there. No more than 5 minutes from the exit off 78.

The ride is probably going to take 3.5-4 hours, then the hour total driving back and forth so I can't start this too late.

Google maps says about an hour. I normally can beat that by 15 minutes or so. Just need to know where im going. Or i can get to lebanon and scream like a school girl...Just follow the sound of my voice. :)

walter

Fourth Party
Google maps says about an hour. I normally can beat that by 15 minutes or so. Just need to know where im going. Or i can get to lebanon and scream like a school girl...Just follow the sound of my voice. :)

uuuummmmm, school girls. If you guys ever want to tackle the Long Beach Island out and back let me know, its a killer loop. Just being a prick, you guys have a great ride out there.

ArmyOfNone

uuuummmmm, school girls. If you guys ever want to tackle the Long Beach Island out and back let me know, its a killer loop. Just being a prick, you guys have a great ride out there.

I do not believe an out and back can also be a loop...prick :D :D :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok so I guess I need a head count on this thing.

Fred, Kirt, Al, Maurice, ChrisG, DanSpank...? Who's in and who's out?

Fred I assume in with an 8:15 time requirement?

Top Bottom