Labor Day Ride: Monday Sept 4th.

D

DANSPANK

Hello Chaps,

What's the terain (read: uphills) like on this trail. I'm a bit slow on those! I can catch up on the downhills though!

What's the chance of a bear encounter for my girlfriend if she's out with the pooch whilst we ride? Do I need to go and gey her an airhorn this afternoon?

Shaggz

A strong 7
this is a no drop, fun ride. i'm slow on the ups and down, plus i'm under the weather so don't sweat the pace. your gf should be fine, especially if she stays by the pond or on the rail trail across from the parking area, but i guess a horn never hurt.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
how long will the ride be, time wise? if it'll be over by noon or so i can make it. as long as singlespeeds are welcome....

Shaggz

A strong 7
ss are welcome - from reading your posts, we shold probably tie a cinder block behind you, as well :D ! should be around 2 hours, but as ytc previously posted, there will be several bail options. see you tomorrow!

heythorp

smarencik said:
this is a no drop, fun ride. i'm slow on the ups and down, plus i'm under the weather so don't sweat the pace.

As long as we are going to start making excuses: :D

I don't know what bike I am going to bring so I may not be mentally prepaired to keep up.

If I bring the epic, well it would be the first ride on the bike (does not matter that I owned 2 of them before)

If I bring the SS, well it would be the first time on a SS at mahlon so I may not keep up.

My back is sore from the move and it may limmit my ability to put my shoes on.

I did'nt have power for 24 hours so my eyes may not adjust to the light very well.

That should cover me for Monday's ride, better start working on Tuesday.:D

D

DANSPANK

My "poor ride" exuse is simple - I'm a lazt arse and don't like going up hils!

Right. We're fog-horn purchasing for the next hour and I'll see ya tomorrow. I'll be in a black jeep liberty. Cheers.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
dark green isuzu trooper(later model), if i decide not to ride there. it's only about 6 miles through the trails from my front door to the saffins lot. if i ride, i'll be the tall lanky guy with a beard on a karate monkey. oh, and i'm sean.

SpartaBard

I will probably ride down the rail trail to the pond, but that depends on how lazy I feel in the morning. Sounds good now though...:eek:

There are quite a few trees down in the area so we may be doing some impromptu trail maintainance.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm in on the only bike currently working...the SS. i'll see you all tomorrow!

ytc100

cem said:
Im in. Late day entry in the ss class.

Awww man you guys are killing me. :)
Another day on the ss and I think my knees will blow - I'll be there on the squishy, in the back, watching heythorp push his bike around. :rolleyes:

D

DANSPANK

Great ride guys. And great meeing the faces behind the type. I apprecated the stops too! I've attached the trail accoringing to my GPS. It doesn't include the additional 5 miles or so that the double well-hard group did from the car park!

Shaggz

A strong 7
I'm bummed that I missed this one. It's 2:40 and this is the first time I've been out of bed since speaking tho Brad this morning. Sucky way to piss away this long weekend...

S

Stan LeCupp

Too bad you where sick today Steve, great weather for riding.

The remaining five of us did an extra 6 miles for a total of 16 miles.The guys on singlespeeds did great. Sean on his 29er SS was an animal!

Good ride everyone.

heythorp

really fun today, pushed my self really hard at the end just to survive. This ride definately took SS to another level for me.

Norm, you said you were waiting for yours to come in. What did you get, when are you getting it?

Now you have to post :)

ytc100

Had a great time, glad I did the extra loop. Watching Sean fly around really made me want to push harder - ow. Maybe next time I'll bring my SS. :confused: :) :confused:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
damn! sorry i had to punch out early fellas. it would have been interesting to see if i could have made the 16 mile tour on the SS. all in all, i feel pretty good. nothing too shakey, but i didn't really have time to let any pain set in since the honey-do list started when i pulled in the driveway. man, i love the SS!! i'm probably not gonna ride the geared for awhile.

weather permitting, i'll hit PP/LM tomorrow for a quick spin. heythorp?? :D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yeah, it was definitely nice meeting all you guys. been a long time since i've been on a group ride that big. it's good to see. good to know about all those new singletracks as well.

can't wait for the next ride, where i'll be asking all of your names again because i 'll most likely have completely forgotten by then.

Top Bottom