Kittatinny Hose Down Thread

god dammit, smugmug is doing maintenance and I can't upload right now. I only got beginner and 1/3 of sport done. grrrr
good thing I drank 2 gallons of diet coke, I'll be up all night anyway :p

Good times today. Today was my first race and while I'm not totally excited with my finish, it wasn't that bad. I have been going back and forth or quite some time if racing is really for me, I pre reg'd the other night and up until this morning I still had thoughts of bailing.

Up at 5 am to get myself together, and even though all my gear was already packed, I just didn't seem right. I didn't sleep, I choked food down, I was just a mess. I was excited, but for what ever reason, damn nervous too. At like 5:30 in the morning I was actually standing in my back yard staring at my bikes, trying to decide which one to bring. I couldn't focus and quite honestly, if my wife wasn't up getting dressed to come with me, I probably would have gone back to bed.

So I decide to bring the rigid single speed simply because its the bike I'm most comfortable on. We get to KVSp no prob, early enough to bs and get my shit in gear. Before I know it it's time to line up. Right off the bat my plan is f'd because they tell us we are doing 2 laps. 2 laps, no big deal, the miles aren't the problem, just caught me off guard. So here we go and I decide that I'm gonna pace myself right out of the box. No good, I found myself getting mixed up in every damn traffic jam there was, which leads me to this.

I need to build some sort of competitiveness. I am so hooked into this group/friendly ride thing that everytime someone stopped, or fell or pulled over to drink or fart or whatever, I stopped. Today my kindness killed me. I went easy off the start and I paid for it.

All in all I had a great time, finished 13th out of 27 I think. I took in a lot today and will most likely be back in September, a bit stronger and a bit smarter. It was awesome to see everybody today and it felt great to hear the cheers, thanks!!

My 5 year old always has the great one liners. After I finished and came over to her and my wife she says, "daddy, what took you so long?" This was quickly followed by "you look ridiculous, go clean up".:rolleyes:

Awesome time today, props to the folks that put this thing together, and congrats to Chainsaw and PTB66 for kicking some ass:getsome:

See you freaks in two months.

Up at 5 am to get myself together, and even though all my gear was already packed, I just didn't seem right. I didn't sleep, I choked food down, I was just a mess. I was excited, but for what ever reason, damn nervous too.

it doesn't go away. ;)

I knew I saw the Vue. Glad you got out there & did it. BTW what shorts did u where?

god dammit, smugmug is doing maintenance and I can't upload right now. I only got beginner and 1/3 of sport done. grrrr
good thing I drank 2 gallons of diet coke, I'll be up all night anyway :p

I think you & Bryan crashed the site to keep me from uploading my goods!! ;)

Killer picture of Vreeland, btw!! You got that with your 50??!! How did he NOT run you over in any way??!! I know I get close sometimes, but that's ridiculous!!! lol

ps: how'd you like the new lens??

Good times today. Today was my first race and while I'm not totally excited with my finish, it wasn't that bad. I have been going back and forth or quite some time if racing is really for me, I pre reg'd the other night and up until this morning I still had thoughts of bailing.

Up at 5 am to get myself together, and even though all my gear was already packed, I just didn't seem right. I didn't sleep, I choked food down, I was just a mess. I was excited, but for what ever reason, damn nervous too. At like 5:30 in the morning I was actually standing in my back yard staring at my bikes, trying to decide which one to bring. I couldn't focus and quite honestly, if my wife wasn't up getting dressed to come with me, I probably would have gone back to bed.

So I decide to bring the rigid single speed simply because its the bike I'm most comfortable on. We get to KVSp no prob, early enough to bs and get my shit in gear. Before I know it it's time to line up. Right off the bat my plan is f'd because they tell us we are doing 2 laps. 2 laps, no big deal, the miles aren't the problem, just caught me off guard. So here we go and I decide that I'm gonna pace myself right out of the box. No good, I found myself getting mixed up in every damn traffic jam there was, which leads me to this.

I need to build some sort of competitiveness. I am so hooked into this group/friendly ride thing that everytime someone stopped, or fell or pulled over to drink or fart or whatever, I stopped. Today my kindness killed me. I went easy off the start and I paid for it.

All in all I had a great time, finished 13th out of 27 I think. I took in a lot today and will most likely be back in September, a bit stronger and a bit smarter. It was awesome to see everybody today and it felt great to hear the cheers, thanks!!

My 5 year old always has the great one liners. After I finished and came over to her and my wife she says, "daddy, what took you so long?" This was quickly followed by "you look ridiculous, go clean up".:rolleyes:

Awesome time today, props to the folks that put this thing together, and congrats to Chainsaw and PTB66 for kicking some ass:getsome:

See you freaks in two months.

amazing! those are exactly my thoughts ! (and also the time matches ...)
I felt someone chasing me and want to take me , since he was faster I disembarked and let him take me -few moments latter I realized he is too clean for racing ! he was preriding and I was too polite :hmmm:....

BTW - there is a race in Tatum park -30 min north to allair it close and not technical - good opportunity for a "checkpoint "

Last edited:
it doesn't go away. ;)

I knew I saw the Vue. Glad you got out there & did it. BTW what shorts did u where?

Yeah, I saw you were parked like right behind me.

I bought shorts at J's that day, but ended up wearing my baggies and boxers:drooling:

I ended up using my 18-200 in DX mode, just so I could use my ND4 filter on it because it was so damn bright out.
Jim actually hopped right over my head :)
The guy a few before him was fumbling a bit with his water bottle and didnt' see me right away and seriously almost ran me over. I was laying on my side about a foot or two into the clearing of the trail there.

Killer picture of Vreeland, btw!! You got that with your 50??!! How did he NOT run you over in any way??!! I know I get close sometimes, but that's ridiculous!!! lol

I went out of my way just to screw with Luke:D I figure it must be kinda boring laying in the grass for hours and hours, somebody needs to make his day interesting!!

-Jim.

HAHAHAHA!! I was trying to keep you on your toes!!

So my race didn't go nearly as planned. I crashed hard about 1/4 way through the second loop. Trying to close a gap on SeaBeast I slipped my front wheel in a corner, happened so fast I couldn't get my hands out and smacked down at full speed face first. I jumped back on the bike and realized I snapped my shifter and bent my hanger. A few feet up the trail I had to stop and deal with the pain I had going on in my lower jaw and gather myself. Turns out I broke one of my teeth loose. At that point I got passed by tons of people and was just planning to ride back to the car. On the way back to the car, even though I was hurting, I was still catching and passing guys, I decided to stay in it and see what happened. I just rode with GraveYardMan and had fun!! Eventually I worked back up to 6th. On the car ride back I started to get some pain in my knee and now it hurts to walk. Looks like I'll be off the bike for a little bit to heal up:rolleyes:

-Jim.

Nice job on finishing that race. When you wiggled your tooth for all of us, I thought it was going to be a mass barf feast in the parking lot. F**king ouch man!

I went out of my way just to screw with Luke:D I figure it must be kinda boring laying in the grass for hours and hours, somebody needs to make his day interesting!!

-Jim.

You certainly deliver Jim!! I got a killer shot of my own to post!! :D

Oh Luke, the things we do for a picture, eh?? ;)

My day went pretty well. Got my second win in a row in 30-34 sport. Did my usual routine and started in the back. Took it nice and easy for the first 5-10 minutes, then started catching people. Jim fox was leading as he usually does.....on his bike that was built when I was a junior in high school. Unfortunetly for him he had a mechanical with his derailuer that allowed me to catch him early on. My buddy from martys got close as he normally does, but I was able to hold him off today. Managed to hold norm off for a full lap and a little extra. That always makes it a good day. For the first time I had a big enough of a lead that I was not a nervous wreck out front. Every large field I came to I looked back and saw nobody. So I made sure I rode cleanly and kept the sidewalls off the rocks as best I could. Great day!

My friend Matt who I have raced Moto-x with for 10 years finally let me talk him into trying a mtn bike race. He won 30-39 beginner on his first try. So I told him (ok, I lied, but he doesnt know that) that he will automaticlly get moved to sport. Since our motocross careers have tapered off in the past couple of years, it will be nice to line up with him once again. He has run me over 5 seperate times on his dirtbike, so im sure a mountain will be next.

Nice work everyone!

I wasn't fan of the course either. Too many little things to watch out for. I ran off the trail a few times in those greasy conditions.

Now, icing my pelvic area.... :eek:

Mr. Vreeland takes to the air...in his usual fashion!!

589415273_FanzD-M.jpg

Hey I just uploaded my garmin from yesterday and at first look I thought my garmin is doing that wierd thing by having the max speed be a rediculous number and then I realized that when I got launched off the bike on that downhill crash I may have actually hit 576mph.

Yeah, I saw you were parked like right behind me.

I bought shorts at J's that day, but ended up wearing my baggies and boxers:drooling:

They should have a special class for guys racing in Boxer shorts.

I have no idea how you do it. I know that I would be hospitalized.

Awesome job Walter! Good to see you and the family out there yesterday. There's a Glouster race in 2 weeks in south Jersey. Don't wait 2 months!!

As for me, 2nd place. I was beaten by a faster man, Leo Contador or something. Dude is fast.

Good job by Bulldog yesterday. Things were run really well and the results were clean and timely. Some guy protested the cat 2 results for almost an hour. I have to give Julian props for being so patient. I would have DQ'ed the guy and been done with it.

Forgot my camera so no cat 2 results pics.

Back
Top Bottom