Kingdom Trails trail closures

Cassinonorth

According to Vermont only Union, Sussex and Hunterdon county residents can visit. Essex is super close...38 less cases per million and we're in.

goodvibe

According to Vermont only Union, Sussex and Hunterdon county residents can visit. Essex is super close...38 less cases per million and we're in.
Now only Hunterdon County is the place that you have to quarantine before visiting. I was thinking of going up next week, but I am not intersted in quarantining for 14 days up there.
1596402716691.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
We are in Vermont now. They attached a quarantine tracker on my nutsack when we crossed the state line.

Very serious times.

On an unrelated note I find it interesting that Chrome does not autocorrect "nutsack."

jimmy carter added that as a legit word 15 years ago

Robin

I was there two weeks ago - granted I live in Hunterdon County, places were not checking what county I was from. Was it luck? perhaps. However, one hotel in Brattleboro did cancel our stay because we were not "essential" workers.

goodvibe

I was there two weeks ago - granted I live in Hunterdon County, places were not checking what county I was from. Was it luck? perhaps. However, one hotel in Brattleboro did cancel our stay because we were not "essential" workers.
Something like this is our concern. WE usually stay at the Burke Hotel, but I was going to wait to make a reservation until Friday.

Strugglebus

Something like this is our concern. WE usually stay at the Burke Hotel, but I was going to wait to make a reservation until Friday.

I highly doubt you will catch any grief from places like this ( hotel, dining, etc. ) places like this need and want the business. The only people with the potential motivation, willingness and authority to enforce the quarantine requirements would be state and local police. So your only risk there is probably driving to your destination. And even then their ability to enforce would probably be limited.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I highly doubt you will catch any grief from places like this ( hotel, dining, etc. ) places like this need and want the business. The only people with the potential motivation, willingness and authority to enforce the quarantine requirements would be state and local police. So your only risk there is probably driving to your destination. And even then their ability to enforce would probably be limited.

Of all the places in Vermont I would be most concerned about KT right now. They are manning all the parking areas and they could give you grief about NJ plates and so on.

That said, none of these guys gets paid enough to really get in the way but between this and the trail closures, they are going to be under a microscope.

To your point, we are in Killington right now and it's s ghost town. For sure they need business.

Strugglebus

To your point, we are in Killington right now and it's s ghost town. For sure they need business.

this is what I’ve been hearing from family that lives up there. Even saying that if you are questioned just be cool and you will be fine. The authorities are humans too and realize that these business owners are hurting. Not just KT but everywhere. And obviously take the precautions with masks, etc.

Reactions: don

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you go to a restaurant in VT, they will ask if you have quarantine and will ask for your digits for contact tracing. At the hotel, we had to sign an agreement saying that we had quarantine ourselves for 14 days (or 1 week and a negative test). We had to do the same thing to buy the tickets for the downhill park at Killington. Vermont takes COVID very seriously and everyone wears a mask if they cannot social distance.

roc

Of all the places in Vermont I would be most concerned about KT right now. They are manning all the parking areas and they could give you grief about NJ plates and so on.

That said, none of these guys gets paid enough to really get in the way but between this and the trail closures, they are going to be under a microscope.

Have you been to pine hill park in Rutland? Or Green mountain trails? Both Are worth a visit from the killington area.
also millstone in barre, is definitely worth a day trip from there.
the Clear river tavern used to be very good.

All completely unsolicited advice is free of charge.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have you been to pine hill park in Rutland? Or Green mountain trails? Both Are worth a visit from the killington area.
also millstone in barre, is definitely worth a day trip from there.
the Clear river tavern used to be very good.

All completely unsolicited advice is free of charge.

Yeah been to Pine Hill a few times before and Green Mountain maybe 2 years ago.

This trip I’m going to end up doing 3 different tours of Sherbourne plus 2 full days at the bike park plus 1 day where I rode up & down the hill at the bike park before they opened.

Never been to Millstone but have heard good things.

roc

Have
Yeah been to Pine Hill a few times before and Green Mountain maybe 2 years ago.

This trip I’m going to end up doing 3 different tours of Sherbourne plus 2 full days at the bike park plus 1 day where I rode up & down the hill at the bike park before they opened.

Never been to Millstone but have heard good things.
[/QUOTE
You’ll be well on your way to 450.
Is shelbourne a road ride along Champlain.
have fun, hope the weather holds out for you.

Top Bottom