Kingdom Trails trail closures

People still behaving poorly.

Chapel of the Holy Family
4 hrs ·
Sadly yesterday I had an encounter with a biker that makes me question why we allow access on any of our property...maybe the Burringtons have it right...I’m hoping the biking community proves me wrong.
Overnight a biker (from New York) decided they needed to break our gate to gain access to our parking area. They parked up there, slept in their car and went for a ride like it was no big deal...
Most likely this was done to avoid answering questions about their quarantine.
Fixing the gate is cheap...reaffirming my belief that this is the exception and not the rule is going to be tough.
We are tired of the illegal parking, the sense of entitlement and now the damage to our property. As a mountain biking family we just don’t have any answers for this ongoing behavior.
This is the warning that we shouldn’t have to give.
Respect the trails, respect private property and be good human beings. Rise up to the basic level of respect we all ask from each other.
RIDE WITH GRATITUDE...because when the trails are all closed and land isn’t accessible there will be no coming back from it.

People still behaving poorly.

Chapel of the Holy Family
4 hrs ·
Sadly yesterday I had an encounter with a biker that makes me question why we allow access on any of our property...maybe the Burringtons have it right...I’m hoping the biking community proves me wrong.
Overnight a biker (from New York) decided they needed to break our gate to gain access to our parking area. They parked up there, slept in their car and went for a ride like it was no big deal...
Most likely this was done to avoid answering questions about their quarantine.
Fixing the gate is cheap...reaffirming my belief that this is the exception and not the rule is going to be tough.
We are tired of the illegal parking, the sense of entitlement and now the damage to our property. As a mountain biking family we just don’t have any answers for this ongoing behavior.
This is the warning that we shouldn’t have to give.
Respect the trails, respect private property and be good human beings. Rise up to the basic level of respect we all ask from each other.
RIDE WITH GRATITUDE...because when the trails are all closed and land isn’t accessible there will be no coming back from it.
So sad to read stuff like that. Truth is, not everyone has common sense, gratitude, respect, or other human traits which shine. Few bad apples usually always ruin it for the majority.

In many aspects of life, I have seen people I would normally consider sane & rational do stupid things. In these times, I imagine it's happening more and more.

Most likely the person from NY didn't want to "deal with" anything, so the above is what we end up with. At this point, we as a bike community would be better served to close the whole place down with gates that can't be broken into/down, until this all passes. Because the more this happens, the less likely KT will be there in a year when the rest of us who follow the rules hope to return.

At this point, we as a bike community would be better served to close the whole place down

Agreed. Unfortunately Kingdom has turned into Freebird or Stairway to Heaven, just a mass of people who want the party but lost all meaning, the national anthem for stupidity. A good thing ruined.

the enemy.gif

This is disappointing for sure. I've never been up to KT but I'd like to go at some point. Starting to seem like a long shot...

Why does the human race constantly let us down ! We as mtb community are always shooting ourselves in the foot. Sleeping in the car ? Why? Most definitely also poached the trails I'm sure ?. I guess entitlement is running rampant.

Why does the human race constantly let us down ! We as mtb community are always shooting ourselves in the foot. Sleeping in the car ? Why? Most definitely also poached the trails I'm sure ?. I guess entitlement is running rampant.
Isn’t it the cool thing in the outdoor community to sleep in a fancy van?

cant defend the healing the gate though

Reactions: don
There will always be someone to ruin it for the rest. No matter where I’ve worked, there is one person who thinks the world owes them everything.

This person obviously has that level of entitlement since they didn’t even leave the scene of the crime, they SLEPT there.

Those New Yorkers... I tell ya they suck! (except me of course) Never been to KT. Was hoping some day...

There is a mandatory 2 week quarantine when entering Vt. due to the hordes that went up there to get away from NYC. I assume the car sleeper thought they were doing the best thing sleeping in a car and avoiding other people. However, private property is, well, private.

This is true. I hear this place Millstone Trails is the shit. I’ll just hit that up. I’m not hating on this matter. Still sucks and humanity blows.

Regardless of whether you care about KT or not, this has a domino effect. One set of land owners already took their land use away. Now another is pissed and contemplating taking their land use away. Then down the line, when you're trying to get access somewhere here, people will point to these situations and say mountain bikers are shitty and we're not letting you on our land.

I would love for the chapel owners to be aggressive in this case. They know it's a New Yorker. Do they have a plate number? Can they be fined and ticketed for B&E or trespassing or something? And the state has quarantine regulations. Can they be fined for that?

Back
Top Bottom