kids..Get rid of those training wheels.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
They been on this wagon for awhile. Spez has the Hotwalk and we sold alot of them suprisingly.

Maurice

This is a great idea, and it will sell.

Forget about putting any kind of brakes on those, kids that age just don't have the coordination to even think that they're there, trust me...

Being with other kids the same age is key to learning how to ride a bike. I didn't need to teach my two older daughters, they both learned by themselves at around 5.

This gizmo does allow kids much younger to ride without training wheels. It's amazing how fearless they are at that age!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Awesome! There is a wood version called like-a-bike but this one is pretty cool. I saw a knock-off at target of the wood one In another year I will be looking into it!

Shaggz

A strong 7
we bought one for my son. he loved it until he saw his neighborhood friend ride buy with training wheels, and we have not been able to get him on it since. peer influence starts so young. we will try again in the spring with our 2 year old sarah.

fwiw, my wife is a pediatric OT, who specializes in early childhood development and the development of the vestibular system (balance center). she researched the hell out of this topic, and this type of product was her preferred choice for our children. scooter board came in second, which colin loves, as well.

Wobbegong

I'll be looking for this type of bike for my boy soon. I think it was anrothar who posted about the Kinderbike http://www.mykinderbike.com , pretty much the same thing. There are a bunch of videos on you tube of really young kids going for good distances without putting a foot down. Good stuff.

Jdog, do you plan to stock these?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I'll be looking for this type of bike for my boy soon. I think it was anrothar who posted about the Kinderbike http://www.mykinderbike.com , pretty much the same thing. There are a bunch of videos on you tube of really young kids going for good distances without putting a foot down. Good stuff.

Jdog, do you plan to stock these?

i just ordered one today to see what it is about.

don

I'll have to get the youngest, one of those for the spring. It looks very cool.

NJ Jess

so popular in Europe

Wow, these things have been in europe for quite some time. Smaller versions are wooden frames with solid rubber tires. Glad to see it come across the pond. I'm sure elzoler saw a lot of these in Amsterdam

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
We sell two versions. The Specialized Hotwalk and the Kettler Balance bike. I see little guys cuttin in up on these on the upper eastside sidewalks. Some of them are as young as 2.5 and 3. On the otherhand I have kids come into the store at 9 and 10 with no experience on bikes. Really sad in my opinion. I think all kids should learn to ride. One of my earliest childhood memories.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I wanted to get my 2 year old one for xmas, but he INSISTED on a "bike with pedals, daddy!"

So he's been tearing up the hallway on his little 12 inch wheeled Giant for the past 5 weeks.

I've been thinking about picking up a like-a-bike, though. Easier to strap one of those to the Chariot carrier, so that when I take him out riding with me, we can stop and he can ride some, too...

Top Bottom