Just got in

NickDavid

Did a nice ride this morning from Ringwood - Wanaque - Pompton Lakes - Wayne, went to the gym for an hour and then rode back the same way. Felt great to be out there for the 30 miles. The roads were surprisingly clean and the traffic was light. The air temperature was perfect!

Anyone else get out today?

Shaggz

A strong 7
<begin rant> What is it with you fawkers :wedgie: ? My phone rings in a meeting, and it's heythorp. I called him back at 3:30, and he is already out of the office (again) to go riding. Jake, new-Nick, AON, and I'm sure there are others who I'm missing, are all included. I mean come on man, wtf do you guys do (or don't do) that affords you the schedule to just pick up and go riding :getsome: ? I want in, DAMNIT! :mad3: <end rant>

Well, maybe I don't. :p

NickDavid

Well, I'm out of work searching for new work, so I wake up early, do my resume sending and then enjoyed the day! By all means, I'd be happy to switch with you. Give me your job and you can go ride.

Shaggz

A strong 7
<begin rant> What is it with you fawkers :wedgie: ? ....wtf do you guys do (or don't do) that affords you the schedule to just pick up and go riding :getsome: ? I want in, DAMNIT! :mad3: <end rant>

Give me your job and you can go ride.
See above...

Well, I'm out of work searching for new work, so I wake up early, do my resume sending and then enjoyed the day!
Good luck with the search!

walter

Fourth Party
Shaggz, I feel your pain, while most people were out enjoying this beautiful day, I was locked in the county courthouse in New Brunswick doing my civil duty as a juror. 8 and a half hours staring at a clock, thank goodness I dont work in an office.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
<begin rant> What is it with you fawkers :wedgie: ? My phone rings in a meeting, and it's heythorp. I called him back at 3:30, and he is already out of the office (again) to go riding. Jake, new-Nick, AON, and I'm sure there are others who I'm missing, are all included. I mean come on man, wtf do you guys do (or don't do) that affords you the schedule to just pick up and go riding :getsome: ? I want in, DAMNIT! :mad3: <end rant>

i lie. i'm in sales. :D

actually, i take a little of this back. how many emails are you forced to answer at 9:30 pm? or get a request at 5:30 that needs to be turned around by 9:00 am. that sux...and that's why i can ride when i do.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Imagine being surrounded by bikes unable to ride and being told by someone every 2 minutes that this is the greatest day ever for a bike ride.

Oh yeah.. The phone won't stop ringing and people tell you that you are way too expensive.

That was my day today.

j

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Imagine being surrounded by bikes unable to ride and being told by someone every 2 minutes that this is the greatest day ever for a bike ride.

Oh yeah.. The phone won't stop ringing and people tell you that you are way too expensive.

That was my day today.

j

Same here. I went for a ride anyway.:D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Same here. I went for a ride anyway.:D

Lucky guy.

I actually was more bummed that I didn't get to go surfing today as there were waves all day.

The heart and sole of the burdens in my life are the folks who continue to reinforce the stereotypes of certain ethnicities. I do my best but after a while it gets old.

A guy today came in wearing something that looked like a dress or pajamas maybe. He just said "cycles need air". I pumped up both his crappy walmart bikes and he left without offering to pay or even a thanks.

Repeat this 100 times over the next few weeks.

Let the fun begin.

j:getsome:

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
He just said "cycles need air". I pumped up both his crappy walmart bikes and he left without offering to pay or even a thanks.

Fill'em up with natural gas and then give him a cigarette to enjoy while riding! That'll learn him good! :rofl:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The heart and sole of the burdens in my life are the folks who continue to reinforce the stereotypes of certain ethnicities. I do my best but after a while it gets old.

My wife is Asian, yet sucks at math. She is not black but loves fried chicken and watermellon.

Discuss.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
She says, "I can float." Then added, "Breat stroke." (Keep it clean perverts).

Her driving, well, yeah I'm not going to touch that because I occasionally leave the browser open on the laptop and she reads it. Plus Kirt might rat me out.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
huh. my wife is irish and likes to drink...yet does not really like the color green. odd.

Maurice

Lucky guy.

I actually was more bummed that I didn't get to go surfing today as there were waves all day.

A guy today came in wearing something that looked like a dress or pajamas maybe. He just said "cycles need air". I pumped up both his crappy walmart bikes and he left without offering to pay or even a thanks.

Repeat this 100 times over the next few weeks.

Let the fun begin.

j:getsome:

I'm French. I shower sometimes and I can't find any deodorant in this Country that doesn't smell like public bathrooms. I like French fries but they've actually been invented in Belgium. I don't know crap about wine. And the next person that asks me how I like Jerry Lewis will be sharing a room in the hospital with pajamas guy (a bike pump sticking out his butt).

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you eat horse meat, or run & hide when you hear a car backfire?

Top Bottom