Jungle Habitat Conditions

V-Dub

Some work was done yesterday on the
bad section of Warthog I'm keeping it closed cause it's just way too soft to ride.
Lower shute and Hippo are closed and
thinking about tapping off a few more places. We'll try to update trailforks so
check there later on
Not sure if the race promoters are
coming back for more repairs at this
point so no schedule to reopen.

serviceguy

@V-Dub I know I asked before, but do you think you maybe planning some weekend TM soon? It's up t a slow start in Ringwood, I'm sure there could be a good attendance, depending on how the Ringwood Rumble leaves the trails that is, there maybe some TM needed there as well.

V-Dub

@V-Dub I know I asked before, but do you think you maybe planning some weekend TM soon? It's up t a slow start in Ringwood, I'm sure there could be a good attendance, depending on how the Ringwood Rumble leaves the trails that is, there maybe some TM needed there as well.
We will definitely have to scheduled work days going but I'll try to figure that out next week

tmcmtb

I haven't heard any word lately on Jungle conditions, and haven't ventured over there since reading about that race there in the rain last month. Are the trails still clapped out from that race or is it good to go?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
All good, even lower Warthog. Outsloping and nicks look like they're working.

I got turned around 3x in middle Warthog, re-routes and quads make this confusing now. I kept going around in circles, it felt like Blair Witch project.

I'm assuming park rangers have been going in with quads? They should be on Ebikes, quads really hack up the woods.

The new trail rides great and is in a perfect location to add interest and miles to Jungle. Thanks @V-Dub and Jorba Volunteers.

No mud post ride.😉
20220530_105250.jpg

V-Dub

All good, even lower Warthog. Outsloping and nicks look like they're working.

I got turned around 3x in middle Warthog, re-routes and quads make this confusing now. I kept going around in circles, it felt like Blair Witch project.

I'm assuming park rangers have been going in with quads? They should be on Ebikes, quads really hack up the woods.

The new trail rides great and is in a perfect location to add interest and miles to Jungle. Thanks @V-Dub and Jorba Volunteers.

No mud post ride.😉
View attachment 185679
The quad traffic this spring has been ridiculous, mostly they stay off our trails though. We've been giving Warthog an overhaul for the past month or so and will continue. Thanks for the word on the new trail it was a lot of work

V-Dub

The air show is this weekend.
June 10,11,12 you can ride but expect a sh#t ton of people in the area.

scott62

The air show is this weekend.
June 10,11,12 you can ride but expect a sh#t ton of people in the area.
And a 70 year old air plane falling from the sky here am there. When a classic car fails,it stops rolling. When a classic airplane fails, it crashes.😬 Keep your eyes to the sky.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions