Jorba Trail Maintenance Dates

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
http://www.jorba.org/tm_dates.html

Please check with Jorba's site for changes not shown here.

Recurring Dates:

Saturdays: 1st of each month, starting March 5th.
Time: 9:30am - 12:00am - Watchung Reservation

Saturdays: 3rd of each month, starting April 19th.
Time: 8:30am - 11:30am - Lewis Morris Park
Contact: Greg Murray ( icebiker@optonline.net ) at 973-829-0032

Saturdays: 3rd of each month, starting March 19th.
Time: 9:00am - Mercer County Park Marina Parking Lot - Mercerville, NJ

NJ Jess

Any TM near Toms River?

Hey there! Any TM near TR? Driving to work is hard enough, driving to TM before riding might be tougher. Is there JORBA activities below 287?
What group of JORBA would I join?

Shaggz

A strong 7
New to the state, so not too familiar NJ geography :? , but I know that TR is south of me. Check out http://www.jerseyactionriders.org/. I was told that they are in Southern Jersey, and they may have some more info on TM in your area.

http://www.jorba.org/chapters.html - is the link to the chapters page on the JORBA site. I believe there is a contact page as well, and they can direct you to which chapter will be closest to you.

There is also a JORBA forum http://www.jorba.org/forum.html for the purpose of posting chapter activities and TM activities.

Cheers!
Steve

N

NMBPmike

NJ Jess said:
Hey there! Any TM near TR? Driving to work is hard enough, driving to TM before riding might be tougher. Is there JORBA activities below 287?
What group of JORBA would I join?
Jess.
Monmouth County Park system is just north of you, we cover all the parks
in monmouth county. from TR its about 30 minutes to the main building
in Middletown. We cover hartshorne,huber,turkey swamp, etc.etc
if your interested call 732-842-4000 ext 4283 and ask for susan tell her mike
sent you.

Thanks
NMBPmike
JORBA Trail Patrol Coordinator
JORBA Board Member
IMBA member
NMBP NE Regional REP
NMBP State Instructor
MCPS Master trail Volunteer
MCPS Master Trail trainer

NJ Jess

The fire

Hey Mike, I heard there was a fire that distroyed the entire Monmouth County Park offices. Is there anything we can do for this Susan and the volunteer dept? How will we schedule Hartshorne/huber woods TM and such? Willing to help, thanks, Jess

D

DANSPANK

Which TM meets will be nearest to Giants Stadium

So I check up on the TM dates and locations but sometimes trail names of nicknames are used. Since I'm a numpty at NJ geography I can't easily find the locations. So, to help me, can anyone pass contact details of people who organise TM within 45minutes or so of Giants Stadium - that's a pretty big landmark near where I live!

Thanks,

Daniel.

S

secondspeed

Here are the dates thanks...

2006 Trail Maintenance Schedule

You can save all these TM Dates to MS Outlook by clicking this link: Save to Outlook

Trail Maintenance at Lewis Morris is spearheaded by the Morris County Park Commission, with contribution from the Morris Trails Conservancy a JORBA chapter.

Work dates are scheduled for the third Saturday of each month, from 8:30 - 11:30 AM.

2006's dates are:

March 18
April 15
May 20
June 17
July 15
August 19
September 16
October 21
November 18

Trail projects include clearing/building new trails, clearing brush, re-routing trail sections, paint-blazing and closing down badly eroded areas.

All are welcome, kids too! Participating cyclists are eligible to receive Pay Dirt points for their volunteer efforts at Lewis Morris.

Where possible, work is assigned in accordance with volunteers' abilities and/or preferences. All tools, gloves, drinks and other necessities are provided by the Park Commission.

Note that participation in the trail maintenance schedule requires each volunteer to register with the Park Commission. Forms are available at every trail date.

Trail crews meet at the Sunrise Lake Boathouse (see directions below) unless otherwise notified. In the event of rain, volunteers will be provided with a call-in number to determine the status of the trail date.

To sign up for Trail Maintenance dates, please provide your name, email address, and available dates to Greg Murray at <icebiker@optonline.net>

Directions to Lewis Morris:

Head west on Route 24 from Morristown’s Green. After three miles, take a left onto Lewis Morris County Park entrance road. Follow signs to Sunrise Lake

Frank

Sasquatch
Allaire State Park

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2006 Trail Maintenance Schedule for Allaire State Park is

Mar 26
Apr 23
May 21
Jun 4 National Trails Day **
Jun 25
Jul 23
Aug 27
Sep 10
Oct 22
Nov 19

** Come join us for "Bring what u ride" day. Have some fun following trail maint.

Volunteers meet at the multi-use lot on Hospital Rd. at 8 am.

So come and join us for some fun working on the trails we love, and give a little back at the same time.

Please contact Frank Harms at allaire@jorba.org or gt2brew@yahoo.com if you are interested!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Much digging at Chimney Rock Today

Pretty darn good turn out and some good stuff was done.

yeah.

J

D

ddpro

Watchung?

Hey Steve, What's going on with Watchung? Will it/is it open again?
Doug Daniele 201-214-2004

bobkennelly

Watchung reservation, still closed

Hello, I grew up in Mountainside with the reservation literally in my back yard. Since it closed, the trails have gone from fair at best to down right horrible. I must admit I do ride their a couple times a year, usually in the winter, the trails are washed out, tree covered, and union county parks does NO trail maintence at all. Very sad, at least when you could go on them, at least the trees got cleared.

Bob

Top Bottom