Is the inflated Bike market finally crashing?

I'm talking retail in general. Not just bikes.
Agreed. Anything you read from Wallstreet indicates that " the market" wants to cut out the middle man with "direct to consumer" across all industries. And throw in that awsome AI customer service that prevents you from actually accomplishing anything...

I feel a buyer's malaise in the making.

Agreed. Anything you read from Wallstreet indicates that " the market" wants to cut out the middle man with "direct to consumer" across all industries. And throw in that awsome AI customer service that prevents you from actually accomplishing anything...

I feel a buyer's malaise in the making.
I suppose the obvious transition to a productive life for those currently employed in retail will be to learn how to code...watch out @Patrick , there's going to be lots of competition on the market and they'll be gunning for your MTBNJ.com fat monthly check...

And they bought a new building for $14.9 million.
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/ind.../specialized-buys-former-pearl-izumi-building

The gall it takes to put this in your press release:

“Our priority is to better serve riders, retailers, and communities and to be the best place for our teammates to innovate and grow" 🤣 yea, right A$$hole.

They should have stuck with the second half

"The time is now to adapt to the current environment and ultimately led us to make some extremely tough decisions today.”

At least that's honest.

I think deflation is the name of the game this year.

Look at what Tesla just did.

Off track but I've always found the $7,500 credit really odd. The government wants to (incentivize?) people to get more electric cars on the road while doing jack shit about the infrastructure to support it.

Off track but I've always found the $7,500 credit really odd. The government wants to (incentivize?) people to get more electric cars on the road while doing jack shit about the infrastructure to support it.
True. In fact they are taking grid infrastructure offline in many places.

I no longer find anything thing the government does as odd. I'm only puzzled when they do something that makes sense.

True. In fact they are taking grid infrastructure offline in many places.

I no longer find anything thing the government does as odd. I'm only puzzled when they do something that makes sense.
That is because y'all not privy to what is the secret weapon in the energy revolution that the administration is about to unveil...wood powered cars!

Firewood-Powered-Vehicles.jpg

I won’t argue that more needs to be done, particularly in grid work.. but 7.5 billion… it’s a start.

I won’t argue that more needs to be done, particularly in grid work.. but 7.5 billion… it’s a start.
The money is primarily for outlets (chargers), meanwhile "non green" energy production is continuously under attack and being taken offline in many places.

If I'm not mistaken there's no mention of the production of the energy that such infrastructure is supposed to distribute. Is it considered part of the infrastructure? I would think it would be specifically mentioned in order to determine what amount of the grand total would be devoted to production Vs distribution...

Back
Top Bottom