Is strava going from suck to blow?

I guess it comes down to what data is important to have. For MTBing I use Trail Forks (free) and for Gravel riding I use Ride with GPS's free version which gets me record your ride, create your own routes, create goals, create collections, upload and sync gps devices.

man, I just downloaded the app. Forget this non sense.
I like zwifting because it pushes my limits to get a PR or something and its more fun going hard and fast. I was hoping to do the same with strava but I just like to get lost on the roads

Honestly, who cares if you aren't top 10 on a segment.
You will find this hard to believe but I don't.
shocker.gif

You know how hard it is to pay $1 for a iPhone game?

i guess you dont get snacks at the vending machine either then :rolleyes: (i mean iphones are expensive enough, if you can afford one, whats the harm in the $1 game)

Honestly, who cares if you aren't top 10 on a segment.

as long as you can still see your own efforts and how you are improving, isnt that what matters to most people?

To the best of my knowledge, Strava is still not a profitable company. It was mismanaged for years and now they have to right the ship.

My bad. I wasn't clear.

What I should have said is that Strava has a Board of Directors. They represent different interests, including at least 2 different tranches of private equity/VCs.

These have some competing interests, but all want to achieve positive EBITDA. None of them has any cash available to fund operational deficits.

Therefore, they are raising the price. One more example of "Price Discovery."

MVIMG_20200516_184412-01.jpeg

private equity/VCs.

I brought this up on the ride I did today. It was met with total silence. So really, you're not going to get much understanding talking about how a few VCs dumped 50 million into this venture and now that they lost the "buy me out" game, they need to raise some cash.

I mean Strava sent out an email last night saying, exactly this: "We are not yet a profitable company and need to become one in order to serve you better."

Sometimes I wonder how people think the world works. How many of the people complaining about the cost would agree to go work for free every day?

I brought this up on the ride I did today. It was met with total silence. So really, you're not going to get much understanding talking about how a few VCs dumped 50 million into this venture and now that they lost the "buy me out" game, they need to raise some cash.

I mean Strava sent out an email last night saying, exactly this: "We are not yet a profitable company and need to become one in order to serve you better."

Sometimes I wonder how people think the world works. How many of the people complaining about the cost would agree to go work for free every day?
Just posts ads already.

Well said Norm.

this must be a protest because - highest place on the eastern seaboard.

I've always found that this happens, when Garmin isn't updated and/or I didn't give enough time for the satellite to acquire signal..
It happened the ride before that too at Allaire:

Attachments

• strava2.png
    strava2.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom