Is anyone doing anything this weekend?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,
I just got off the phone with Brett and we're looking to meet up with ya. I know you said 9 which will work. Want to firm up some more details?

Well I'm looking to roll out of my driveway sometime after 8. Roughly 3 hours, give or take. Say 15-17 mph average. Likely head out to Mendham, across 24 then back through the Lake Road area, up over the hills and back. Maybe a little criss crossing in there depending. Not sure about stops in there so I'd bring all you need with you, camelbak if you need. Plenty of climbing, so maybe on the lower side of that 15-17.

ArmyOfNone

Well I'm looking to roll out of my driveway sometime after 8. Roughly 3 hours, give or take. Say 15-17 mph average. Likely head out to Mendham, across 24 then back through the Lake Road area, up over the hills and back. Maybe a little criss crossing in there depending. Not sure about stops in there so I'd bring all you need with you, camelbak if you need. Plenty of climbing, so maybe on the lower side of that 15-17.

Im working till 7 then have to shoot home to pick up my stuff which would be on the way up to your place. So i would hope not to throw you off your schedule. I would guess brett would be able to make it down, but i have to give him a call back to sure things up. If you wanna PM we can figure it out.

or try frod1011...thats my aim

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I am pretty seriously considering the trail work day at Allaire. I have done my share of riding there so it might be good to put in some work.

j:)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Im working till 7 then have to shoot home to pick up my stuff which would be on the way up to your place. So i would hope not to throw you off your schedule. I would guess brett would be able to make it down, but i have to give him a call back to sure things up. If you wanna PM we can figure it out.

or try frod1011...thats my aim

I have no real schedule so whatever. AIM on the way...

Frank

Sasquatch
I am pretty seriously considering the trail work day at Allaire. I have done my share of riding there so it might be good to put in some work.

j:)

Hope to see ya there man.....It would be good to meet some of you crazy internet guys.;)

ArmyOfNone

Still Open

Looks like things with norm are not gonna workout for tomorrow. Tough to coordinate schedules. If anyone else is up for anything, let me know ill b back later on to check.

jdog

Shop Keep
Hope to see ya there man.....It would be good to meet some of you crazy internet guys.;)

I would say that I am less crazy on the internet than in real life.

Get me a red bull and a pick axe and i will do some mean trail cutting.

j

D

DANSPANK

'Ello Kids,

A quick update from Switzerland. I'm in a coffee bar in Einsiedeln, about 45 minutes south of Zurich. There's about 2ft of snow on the ground so I couldn't ride yesterday - did some hiking instead near Basel. Tomorrow should be good for a quick sprint around some roads if I can find a bike to rent. I've moved on from my buddy's place to be a bit closer to where my meetings are on Tuesday.

So, looking around, I see lots of very tall hills. If I can get a bike then I'll attempt a crack at a couple of 'em. I've got my GPS and it works just dandy so it's just a case of finding two wheels.

Here's a picture of my room view from possibly the world's smallest hotel room! The picture is of Einsiedeln Abbey, built by monks in the early 18th Centrury, and to use a totaly unappreciative and classless adjective, it's wicked!

Shaggz

A strong 7
ironically, i was listening to a troop of swiss horn players this afternoon, in Dover. eat lots of chocolate and have fun with a couple or three hotties for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the happy recap for the weekend:

Saturday woke up at 5:20 with the kid. Managed to get out for 50 minutes later in the morning, 14.6 miles, for a 17.3 average. Felt not so wonderful and did not look forward to how today's ride would beat me up.

Banged out a nice long ride today, 3:31 in the saddle, 58.98 miles, a 16.8 average. Was really happy with the ride today, all in all.

D

DANSPANK

It's now almost 10pm and I'm slurping on an ovaltine after my first real road ride. It was bloody marvellous!

Using my broken German and a stranger I was able to get a bus to a place that rented bikes. I got kitted-up and headed out to a probably 40-50degree day with clear blue skies. I'll upload some photies but the pictures will not do this place justice - I took 'em with my phone just so that I could upload them more quickly.

If I believe my gps then I did 57miles, just over 3.5 hours and 5700ft of climbing. But it wasn't just that, there was no wind, bright sun, little traffic, perfectly smooth roads, fantastic scenery and practically everyone I passed, be it walkers, cars, busses or other riders, all waved or said hello. It was just fantastic!

Of course I stopped lots. At the top of a couple of the brutal climbs, when I came across a cafe at the bottom of a ski lift, when I was on the bridge looking at the view and contemplating hand-love at just the sight of the place. For a first real road ride it was pretty unforgetable...

I got back to a slap-up dinner and I'm just tidying up some loose ends before I head in to some meetings tomorrow. Then it's Zurich tomorrow night and the flight home on Wednesday. I'll upload the ride stats when I get back to the bat cave but they don't really matter quite frankly. It was just the perfect day!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
It's now almost 10pm and I'm slurping on an ovaltine after my first real road ride. It was bloody marvellous!

Using my broken German and a stranger I was able to get a bus to a place that rented bikes. I got kitted-up and headed out to a probably 40-50degree day with clear blue skies. I'll upload some photies but the pictures will not do this place justice - I took 'em with my phone just so that I could upload them more quickly.

If I believe my gps then I did 57miles, just over 3.5 hours and 5700ft of climbing. But it wasn't just that, there was no wind, bright sun, little traffic, perfectly smooth roads, fantastic scenery and practically everyone I passed, be it walkers, cars, busses or other riders, all waved or said hello. It was just fantastic!

Of course I stopped lots. At the top of a couple of the brutal climbs, when I came across a cafe at the bottom of a ski lift, when I was on the bridge looking at the view and contemplating hand-love at just the sight of the place. For a first real road ride it was pretty unforgetable...

I got back to a slap-up dinner and I'm just tidying up some loose ends before I head in to some meetings tomorrow. Then it's Zurich tomorrow night and the flight home on Wednesday. I'll upload the ride stats when I get back to the bat cave but they don't really matter quite frankly. It was just the perfect day!
Damn, the 3 hours of grinding around Monmouth County roads on Saturday and 2 hours of stupidity at Hartshorne on Sunday look pathetic compared to this. Great stuff!

jdog

Shop Keep
Nicey Nice!

I would have had a hard time being near snow w/o a board underfoot.

I am jealous.

Look like good sunburn weather.

j

bobkennelly

Hey Bob,

You might enoy Hartshorne on a certian frame that we spoke of..
Consider the eagle landed.

j

OH NO!!! SWEET!!!

I got to get my stuff over to you, I will try in the next few days or over the weekend, Im plannining a trip up to my parents in Mountainside, I will give you a call....

Top Bottom