IOS 7 upgrade

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Updated the iphone last night -

it went smoothly! a couple icons moved (they put their map app back on the home screen.)

access to search from all screens is nice (without multiple clicking)

colors are crazy - gotta find out how to change them

access to control center for wifi/flashlight/camera/calculator is good.

sync seems faster - dropbox sync is much faster.

2013-09-19%2009.22.34.png

No need to wait for Luke. Unless you like to wait for things like Apple to bring old news functionality and lack of customization to the market and wait in line for 3 days to be the first to get the newest and greatest 2 additional features that other closeout phones on sale already have.

I'm holding out for IO8 when you can add widgets to the home screen.
This last announcement really highlighted apple descending from the mountain. They will slowly fade away from here. The lack of innovation is glaring. They ONLY playing catch up with android now, and even falling behind on that. I am blown away that they are still selling a phone with that tiny screen and offering nothing with a larger screen, and NOTHING in terms of innovation.

IOS is down to 13% market share. That's insane. Android is at 79.3% market share now.

It won't die, but nobody will care about it. It'll be the phone your mom uses because she can't figure out more than one button. Which is actually where it's at now.
maybe in IOS8 Capers can delete his "other" folder and can take pictures again.

But IOS only comes on one phone, and you can get android on a million phones so that's why.

maybe in IOS8 Capers can delete his "other" folder and can take pictures again.

I'm on IOS6.0.0 Bitch! my "Other" is now 5.75 gigs and I dont GAF any more.

I have no plans to take the time to upgrade the OS either. I could really care less. It's just a phone. I text, call and email people on it. I don't see how upgrading anything on my telephone is going to make my life better. The OS it came with is just fine.

I'm holding out for IO8 when you can add widgets to the home screen...

Seriously, there is still no widget support? I love being able to see the weather, topical news, today's calendar reminders, recent messages, etc instantly at a glance on the home screen. Don't know how "smart" phone users could live without this.

Seriously, there is still no widget support? I love being able to see the weather, topical news, today's calendar reminders, recent messages, etc instantly at a glance on the home screen. Don't know how "smart" phone users could live without this.

What is the point of widgets if your screen is the size of a postage stamp?

fidodie needs a meme....

Preaches fixing your own vehicles.....buys apple products :)

kind of agree with luke here. i just picked up a 5S and it's fine...but it's hardly revolution. really the main reason i got it was b/c work is picking up some of the cost b/c of the M7 motion processor. also, i came from a 4S so to me, the screen *is* bigger. it's not G4 big, but it's bigger.

there are two main reason i have been staying with iOS: 1. the build quality on damn near EVERY android phone is shit, the exception being the HTC One. that phone is really gorgeous. 2. i know what i'm getting. for all of Android's praises, the fact that Google allows everyone and anyone to completely screw with the OS and add shit to it makes me nuts. note: i'm sure luke will tell me in 5 minutes how i'm an idiot and you can take it off...but why the hell is it there in the first place?

the iOS v. Android argument with regards to market share isn't a fair comparison. the percentage of companies building on Android's platform and the number of devices flushed into the market is WAY higher than iOS. that said, the iOS app ecosystem absolutely slays Android. while we are seeing 75%-80% of our traffic now coming from mobile, 70% is iOS. why? 90% of android devices suck.

who knows for the next round. it's closer to even than it's ever been...some even argue that Android is now the superior OS.

Back
Top Bottom