Illegal e-Moto use (not an e-bike).

goldsbar

Is that a regular DH fork on something with 320 ft-lbs of torque? Eeeggg. Hard to distinguish. Guaranty you can easily mod any of them.

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
His comments suggest he is ignorant of his implications as opposed to flagrantly ripping up the trails. He also said he saw many other ebike users, which I wonder if he just confused every mtb for an ebike.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
His comments suggest he is ignorant of his implications as opposed to flagrantly ripping up the trails. He also said he saw many other ebike users, which I wonder if he just confused every mtb for an ebike.
Honestly, how do you make that confusion?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Honestly, how do you make that confusion?

you'd be surprised! some are very stealth, with the only indication being some funky shape around the bottom bracket area.

came across a couple at CR early this year - didn't notice until @Kirt pointed it out.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I've ridden with a rider on a conventional e-mountain bike. I have no issue with regular pedal assist only e-bikes on the trails and I might even encourage their use, selfishness aside. I don't think I'm ok with a full on e-moto for a whole lot of reasons.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
you'd be surprised! some are very stealth, with the only indication being some funky shape around the bottom bracket area.

came across a couple at CR early this year - didn't notice until @Kirt pointed it out.
I know, I have ridden those. These ones don’t look like that one, which look more like a motorcycle than a mtb

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm 100% ok with Class I e-bike pretty much anywhere. This is not that. You can see him ( I think, I'm not a moto guy at all ) using the throttle in his video. I have no idea how anyone could look at that pig and think "bicycle".
As for him saying he saw 10 other e-mtb's, I'm calling BS.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I'm 100% ok with Class I e-bike pretty much anywhere. This is not that. You can see him ( I think, I'm not a moto guy at all ) using the throttle in his video. I have no idea how anyone could look at that pig and think "bicycle".
Considering he says “still no one on sight”

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
same here.

also... he rode his bike to six mile and back for a grand total of over 100 miles. i'm going to go out on a limb and say that most people who ride six mile and who need ebikes are not riding over 100 miles in a day... unless you're vreeland and you need to do a short ride.

EDIT: not saying vreeland needs an ebike... just that he would do 100 miles and consider it short ;P

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trust me, we will all know when vreeland needs an ebike, i.e. when the brands hilltops carries or sram really starts pushing for ebike sales.
Imagine having SRAM brakes on a 60mph emotorcycle and they stop working.

JonF

On the other hand, i'd love to throw some Pirelli Scorpions on that and take it for a rip down in the Pines deep into the sugar sand where only EndurBros dare to tread. And on that there's only 2 types of people in this world, those that agree with me and those that are wrong! ?

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
On the other hand, i'd love to throw some Pirelli Scorpions on that and take it for a rip down in the Pines deep into the sugar sand where only EndurBros dare to tread. And on that there's only 2 types of people in this world, those that agree with me and those that are wrong! ?
Thats a sure way to exacerbate that mo-ped’s known overheating issue. Good luck.

Mountain Bike Mike

i agree with both sides

6 mile is inclusive of this group.

pines are inclusive to pretty much any type of contraption you can bend together.. If I’m going to the pines, its on 2 stroke

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions